Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few days before my next extended road trip and I would like to get in a few days fishing before the holidays start. Wondering if anyone knows whats been going on the piers and in the surf in the Myrtle Beach area. I heard they have been renourishing the beaches in the area. Any information would be greatly appreciated. :fishing:

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'll be down in Brunswick on Nov 13th and 14th and after the business is done I'm going fishing for sure. Any reports from St Simons or Jekyll Island piers?

I've been looking for a little input fo about a week now without any luck.:confused::confused::confused:

Try googling for some reports or just calling some piers down there.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Its been ages since I've been down... Far too long!

I hope I can get down to the beach in the next 2 days though so I'll be sure and let you know. Not sure if it'll be pier and surf, though. I'll be sure and let you know!

-=The Prynce

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
They are done renourishment of the beach from 2nd ave N pier to the south...so the water should be clear from 2nd ave N south to springmaid..

I don't know how far north they (renourshiment) are going.

I haven't been fishing lately but by the posts here in south carolina it seems to be so so..:fishing:

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
The trout have been biting for the last week or so in the lower part of the state, but the last few days they've stopped biting for a while. Probably the moon or something, they're finicky. I may head back down soon if possible.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I fished Springmaid Pier and the surf 11/13 - 11/15. The spot bite was pretty consistent the 13th-14th but was pretty slow on the 15th. I did however have pretty good luck with whiting and trout using fresh shrimp toward the end of the pier. Also managed a nice flounder out of the surf using fresh cut spot. Saw a couple of black drum caught as well. All-in-all a good trip. Met a few nice folks that I hope to fish with again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts