Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to MB to check out some wedding arrangements (big day is coming up in June :D) and managed to get some fishing time in. Friday was wedding stuff day, fortunately we had all of that taken care of in a couple of hours :D:D and Saturday was free for the fishing. We got out on the beach around noon, it was NICE out, fiance and I both got some sun. The total lack of structure along the beach left me doubtful, but fresh shrimp on two hook rigs yielded plenty of doggies. After it cooled off some we both bundled up and hit up Springmaid. Dropping fresh shrimp right near the pilings yielded my girl 2 undersized black drum on the first 2 casts, and then we caught plenty of small croakers and more doggies. Heard tale of some nice trout (18-20") caught at Springmaid at early AM, just didn't muster the wherewithall to get our there that early myself. We had just enough fish and leftover fresh shrimp to make for a nice meal this coming weekend, so I can't complain :)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
What's up neighbor, Have you registered at Bass Pro yet?
Just wait till ya feed her the wedding cake. You'll have more time to fish.:D
After you do the deed, give us a shout and we'll wet a line.:fishing:

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
Good deal on the croakers. They get much bigger up north, which is what Id like to get into at some point.

Does anyone here eat dogfish?? I never have and don't think I know anyone who has.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Good deal on the croakers. They get much bigger up north, which is what Id like to get into at some point.

Does anyone here eat dogfish?? I never have and don't think I know anyone who has.
Small 3-5" croaker make excellent live trout bait. ;)

They're edible but I let 'em go. Just a shark with no teeth. The Brits overfished them over there for fish and chips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.