Pier and Surf Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
No one said you weren't welcome , Just load up the truck and go fish then tell us about it , The whole truck thing has just gotten old and tired .
If you want a fishing guide reach out to Ryan at Hatteras Jacks in Rodanthe ,don't know if he's still doing it he'll konw who is .
Want to learn to cast , look at Tommy Farmers videos on youtube , then see him to refine your cast , you can find him on this board .

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I know a guy but he ain't gonna be cheap! I'm not sure if he'd want to be seen in a Porsche Cayenne with big sand tires....
Probaly looking at 200.00 a day plus all expenses... Casting lessons will be extra
$200 isn't too bad. A guide for 6 hours up at Montauk is 280-320. Having said that, if you want to catch stripers you should consider going there and hiring him, he's the best of the best but you won't be using your vehicle to drive the beaches or even any of your gear. Hell, you could just fly to NY and go out to MTK to meet him. He provides everything except your meal.

http://longislandsurffishing.com/index.htm

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
If I'm unwelcome here, I can accept that. I'll watch for an indication that I'm welcome here. I just didn't even imagine that this is a clique. Perhaps, it's something else driving this. I made enough comments that I'm known to support MY President Donald Trump. I know that there is a sharp division between half the voters of our Nation and the other half. I'm happy for you that you have comradery among yourselves. Best of fishing to everyone here. I see most here are on the East coast. The West coast is closer to me. Perhaps someone here will recommend a surf fishing group on the West coast.

Hey Dumb Ass or (Sheldon) (pick one), it ain't about your politics, so if you really want to play the "race card" you're going to lose. This reminds me of the last days of "Dave" and his meltdown... I could really care less where you fish either.... Since Utah is closer to the west coast, you're closer and more in tune with the people there. You only have to cross Nevada and California and you'll be at the Pacific..

As far as Cliques, not here Bro!!!.... I've had great pleasure of meeting many who frequent this forum and fishing with them... Some others I look forward to meeting and there are a few I could care less about..We generally do not discuss politics and religion. If by chance that I do, it is with like minded individuals only. I'm not going to debate while catching a fish.... Fortunately No politics on this forum, since Dave's Meltdown either. Yipeee....!!!

So if you're looking a west coast board try Bloody Decks.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I knew I should have stopped reading after the first couple of posts. Now I cant believe I let myself waste the time to read 3 plus previous pages

·
Registered
517 Posts
It was like being in the Twilight zone. I wouldn't look at the forum for a week , Then I would go to P&S ,And then there it was again. I like people that ask for advise , and then tell you your wrong or try to sell you there mistake. :fishing:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Don't let them get to you Ronald,it's all in good fun. They all want to see the guy in the Porche with the 15' surf rods throw 8nbait at the point.

·
Registered
706 Posts
"..,press a button for 3 different modes.....raise vehicle..." That sounds cool, but your axles don't raise. Bigger tires will only raise axles. I saw a Porsche stuck in sand for hours 100' from asphalt. He was a NY'er claiming it was a technical glitch. I passed him on the way in, fished all day, and passed him on the way out. I offered to pull him out at the beginning of the day. He was an angry Yank with choice words, so I left him there. Good luck and remain polite. This will help.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Quite a bit of kettle calling the pot black in some replies. Also boasting about what you can do and what toys and skills you have, that too has been heard before from a couple of others.
Go fishing, post a catch report and move on.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts