Pier and Surf Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
The problem you will have is ground clearance, most D.A.'s on the OSV refuse to air down making deep ruts that bottom out SUV's either spinning their wheels or dragging the whole undercarriage and oil pan through the sand, shells, logs, roots ect... Also I notice this doesn't come with front tow hooks, and unless you plan on being drug out ass first till you reach pavement you will need them or the front fascia will get destroyed if and when you get towed. but the point is if you only plan to go surf fishing a handful of times you should be fine if you go with someone, but if you plan on having a capable surf vehicle you headed the wrong direction, keep this vehicle for everything else but get something more practice for the beach.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
mssurffishing,

I know you mean well, but I suppose that's a first impression from a glance and there is a LOT of information you must have missed that I posted and particularly in the links.

Perhaps, you don't need to check out the links with your confidence in the comments of your fellow surf fishermen skeptical even though they have never seen one like this on the beach.

But, then we are in the era of Consensus Science. Give Al Gore all your money to protect us from global warming!

At the push of a button, ground clearance goes up. Did you see the YouTube comparison of it to Jeep?

If ground clearance is the only reason that you believe it is a poor choice, then that's no problem. If it were, it wouldn't have repeatedly won all those off road races against all competition.

Really? You think it can win all of those races with low ground clearance! Watch the off-road race video. Just scroll up. It's there. Just a click away!

There were huge ruts and MUCH worse! You've been seeing the low clearance it goes to when on the highway or on the track at high speed. The videos are fun to watch. Scroll up, click videos. It's fun watching them. One of the videos shows it raising up with the high level selected.

Ronald :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
mdsurffishing and group,

Regarding: "Also I notice this doesn't come with front tow hooks ..."

Great point! I agree in that I also wouldn't consider anything an off road vehicle unless it did have front tow hooks.

Look very close for tiny outlines of rectangles. There are two in front and two in the rear. They're covers for the attachment points for big heavy duty tow hooks that are stored in the spare tire compartment.

I briefly tried to find a YouTube video on it because it's too dark for me to take good photographs of it, but I did find these interesting videos on how much it can tow:

But, likely they will never be needed to tow me out unless it is that wet gravel in the incoming tide challenge. I'll take the risk. What odds are people going to give on sporting bets?

Take a look at what I found on it's towing capability that's way beyond it's rating and a documented world record:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZCv3JCYYs8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9ThYPBQ7NA

I also found there are aftermarket products that use the tow hook attachment points:

Here is a bicycle rack that uses them, so you can see there are tow hook attachment points:

http://www.kroads.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=50

AND just to incense DaBig2na, I like that concept, so I might water jet out some titanium :D for a frame to mount surf rod holders and an ice chest and fishing gear compartment.

I'm glad you called this to my attention because I was previously going to use the trailer hitch mount for that. But, I like the tow hitch mounting concept much better because it secures in two points solidly without vibration and best of all, there are another two tow hook mounts in front for me to mount the surf rod holder there and have a bicycle mount in back and still have multiple places to attach a tow strap for what? -- To pull out stuck Jeeps that figure they can follow me thinking I have less traction!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I'm Ronald H Levine :)

My request to this group to help me contact a surf fishing guide is sincere. My email address is my full and real name. I posted it right here in our group in thanking DaBig2na for responding that he knows a surf fishing guide. My posting of my real name and email address is an invitation to be contacted by a surf fishing guide.

I value credibility here and everywhere and particularly regarding being very politically active, so I don't use pseudonyms nor anonymity and I do use my real and full name. Politically, I'm very influential with a long standing record of getting bad public servants voted out and good ones voted in. That wouldn't happen with an anonymous pseudonym for a group name or email address. For me, they are all the same and people here in Utah know me. Google my name.

In our fine group, my license plate in the photograph of my Porsche Truck, is not obscured. Have a friend who can run it? It's registered to Ronald H Levine.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Ronald , by over peppering your posts with links is earning you the "Dave" title . I Don't think your him .
I understand your enthusiasm for your truck and fishing , Remember it's fishing , no rocket science involved
I had a close friend that had one of those Porsche trucks and I had the opportunity to drive it .
It did well in the sand , just air down , My friend is gone now but he loved that truck .

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Thanks, Jollymon! I'm glad to be accepted as me.

Regarding me, many well meaning friends, seeing I'm single and knowing I would love to raise a large family, tell me this or some similar form of this:

"Ronald, you need to change ... the average lady ..."

To which I say: "Average lady -- there must be a huge number of average ladies, BUT I'm going to only marry the one special one for me and there only needs to be that one. IF, I change, or pretend to change, or live a lie, then it's not really me and though I know a lot of people do that, I also know that it is common that people leave trails of broken families when the pretense only lasts so long."

Besides, the special one for me is looking for the qualities I have. Here's an example: One lady described ne as "too intense" whatever that means. I'm sure she is right, so we aren't the ones for each other. But, somewhere, perhaps there is a lady not finding the special one for her because all the men she's met were not intense enough, whatever that means. Anyway, my conclusion is that I should be me.

Similarly, I gather you are saying fishing is for enjoyment and you associate rocket science with not enjoyment or work.

Well, I am a rocket scientist. My specialty is electronic design and automation.

Aren't rocket scientists encouraged to enjoy fishing, too?

It would be combining hobbies. I love to fish and do it a lot with experience in a great many styles. I love to design and build things. Perhaps fly fishing and especially fly tying are most similar to my nature of attention to details and liking to make things. I have some my own unique designs for some flies, but others are even more dedicated to the intricate details than me.

The only thing different in this group is I have not yet had my first surf fishing vacation. Now I want to do that and figure I can learn from the surf fishermen here and find a guide, too.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Seriously Dude... I don't need the use of your water jet , I have access to one of those and a CNC machine any time I need them, or any other lathe, mill, power roller, welder etc..... I have a strong aptitude for layout, design, and fabrication. I sure don't need titanium surf spikes, I'd rather have fresh bait.

Secondly the person I was mentioning as a Surf Fishing guide reads this forum regularly ..... If he wants you to hire him he'll let you know...I think he'd rather cruise the beach in a Cayenne and check out the hotties in bikinis.....

If I had the patience I'd do it for 200.00 per day plus expenses, casting lessons extra....... I do make exemptions for kids and women for which I have great patience for. You're neither

Thirdly posting useless links will surely win you a "Dave title" and guarantee a Flame by me:rolleyes:

4th, Although traffic of regulars has drastically decreased over the last few years, there is a wealth of information still with the folks who visit and post.

Lastly, You're hard-headed and way over-think things... You've already been given very much useful info, from fishing reel, rods, tires, and 4wd vehicles...instead you tend to give us a complete inventory of the stuff you have, with no application.... either follow the direction of folks who actually know exactly what they are talking about or be quiet because you ain't listening... IT AINT ROCKET SCIENCE!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Jollymon,

I did drink and most likely will drink again someday. I quit for not the usual reason. Bear River insurance rates are low and coverage is high and they have a reputation of no games on claims, but they only insure non-drinkers with excellent driving records. When I quit, I was mainly only drinking with a local singles club and many of them had house parties, so I made healthful drinks with fresh ingredients instead of the usual mixes with artificial coloring and flavor created by chemists because I wouldn't drink that and I liked to return favors and do my part by making very good drinks. Lately, I've been thinking of getting different insurance and drinking again because a friend got into wine making and that fits with preparedness as that is one of the ways man preserved the nutrition in the grapes which is very healthful. He gave me bottles of his wine and I'm saving them for a special occasion like when I get married unless the one I find prefers otherwise. I can take it or leave it. But, so far drinking hasn't been important enough to change insurance. Utah lawmakers went crazy with drinking while driving laws and it can easily cost tens of thousands of dollars for people who aren't a problem just for legal defense. It's a money grabbing scam and it's currently in the legislature to decrease to half the reading that they call intoxicated, so that is another reason for it not being important enough for me to drink. But, in the harsh times to come without rule of law, I'll drink again. I have all of the equipment and knowledge to make a still and brew beer, make wine and even the flammable varieties. It's also considered a great barter item for future times when the dollar proves worthless. Probably all of that is not what you were getting at. I'm guessing you were wondering if I'm fun-loving. I am. I'm always doing fun things, starting new hobbies and going on adventures!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Well, that's my point. I am me.

Answer the questions ... This is a court of law ... you stand accused ...

No. I'm not playing that.

My answers, my posts are mine. Serve my purposes. To be known. Particularly since there are impressions of snobbish and elitist and other contrary information.

I used the opportunity to post a little about me for my benefit for the ones here who might appreciate who I really am, maybe fish together and maybe get that surf fishing guide to send me an email.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I hope Ronald don't think they are racing stock units like his in the desert. I remember a guy pull up in a truck with I think mud tires on his truck. I was airing down and he said he don't have to do that. Well when i was done he was stuck about a 100 yds from were he left me. It's like when I worked for G.M. .on the commercials they made it look like there cars and truck could go to the moon and back. People will believe any thing. Oh, is this a record for a post yet ?.:popcorn:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
If I'm unwelcome here, I can accept that. I'll watch for an indication that I'm welcome here. I just didn't even imagine that this is a clique. Perhaps, it's something else driving this. I made enough comments that I'm known to support MY President Donald Trump. I know that there is a sharp division between half the voters of our Nation and the other half. I'm happy for you that you have comradery among yourselves. Best of fishing to everyone here. I see most here are on the East coast. The West coast is closer to me. Perhaps someone here will recommend a surf fishing group on the West coast.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts