Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished Chick's Friday night with Cdog where we only managed three fish between the two of us. The fish were striking, but they were incredibly sluggish; this cold water has almost entirely turned them off.

Saturday I fished the oceanfront next to the Va. Beach Pier with frozen mullet. Not a bite.

That night, I hit Chick's again. There were a few breaking fish but they weren't hitting consistently. Most were small but I was able to get one legal fish out of the five or six I caught. Interestingly enough, I had been focusing on the lightline for my casts but when I started throwing perpendicular to the bridge, off into the dark, I started getting more hits. Just a thought for those of you who finish out the season over the next few days.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Flea you should have fished instead of going to get that beer. The fish were hitting pretty good at sunset i caught 8 fish that were 18-22 inches before the sun went down! After that it was pretty slow you had to work for the fish.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Well this as good a place to post this. My season is over for the most part. Ocean maybe not but I believe they went way south. Tonight I had a young lady bac into the front of my truck tonight on the way home from my parents house, the radiator may be damaged and I can not open and close the hood.
Well last night at about 3:00am I landed a striper that was a fun fight. I had finally been hittin fish up in the York but My standard places were not giving up fish last night so I decided to go to Felgates and tossed a double Fin's rig into this fishes mouth. Probably my last of the year!!!!
Happy New Year.

·
Registered
634 Posts
thats a nice last striper hehe...oh well hopefully we have a better season next spring and summer....i miss the croaker and spot i was catching alot of ...they may not be the best fish but i had a blast catching them.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Sand Flea the only thing worse than not catching is not going. I really miss the stocked Trout at Northwest River Park, it was at least somewhere to catch fish in the winter [email protected] budget cuts :mad: I guess the Ocean season and the Hot Ditch will have to do for a while. At least I've been lucky enough to have some fillets in the freezer.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Flea, true to your predicition I spent Sat night an all day Sun in bed sick as a dog or I woulda tried with ya Sat night. Think I might give chicks another go New Years Eve.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Cdog I will not beable to take you up on your offer. I will get out for a couple of hours around sun set up on the York. Thanks. Happy New Year!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts