Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys....my wife and a couple of friends decided to brave the rain friday night and we went out to the lynnhaven pier... we caught a good number of horse croaker ...but the highlight of my night was when i had something on my big pole.... the girls said, "you got something on your line"...and i said, "it's okay...i'm using circle hooks, if it bit it'll still be there when i pull it up".... you see i was baiting their hooks and casting for them...i also had to make a new leader with a hook for one of them...so after about 10min i started to reel in my line...i thought it was yet another skate because it was just a steady pull...but then it started to fight back....and i said, "whoa,,,this aint no skate".... and then i started to see color in the wate and the fish was fighting at the surface like crazy...well i pulled him up and i was surprised to find a 23" pup on my line....well that's what i went out there for and that's what i got.... well....i'll be fishin as much as possible before i leave to go back out to sea... hope to see some of you out there.....later.....

·
Registered
206 Posts
nice catch MM. i was out there friday night around 2:30 and pick up one- about the same size.

dixie i have found that the drum like mullet and also the stomach lining of spot. not the meaty part.

well good luck to u all i am going back out to lynnhaven to get another

dan lee

fish til it hurts

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
baddog

You have a cross tatoo on your arm?

I might have passed you when you were telling the teen out there tonight about the belly lining being a favorite of drum. Actually I stopped and stuck my head over to take a peek on my way back from taking a leak.:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dixie719

hey dixie719...i was using cut finger mullet on a circle hook.... i had another bite on the mullet that night and the fish missed the hook by about an inch.... i'm going out there again with my cousin and his girlfriend and possibly my wife....we'll be a filipino guy and his filipino girlfriend if she comes and my filipino wife if she comes and i myself will be a half white half vietnamese that looks like a mexican....hahahah....oh well...i'll have a blue shimano (fabric material) tackle box....so if anyone wants to stop and say hi feel free too....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.