Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My office was closed Monday :D so we went down to Lynnhaven Pier 9AM-3PM. Pretty slow, a few spots. Saw one fella catch a spec. Finally caught a keeper-size flounder, 18 1/4". Not on minnows, not on my assortment of 10 different Assasins, not on Storm shads, jigs, grubs, etc., but on cut bait I was dunking for small blues.
That was the highlight to a otherwise crappy weekend now I'm back in Richmond city which looks like a war-zone. We have no power or water. You can't buy ice anywhere.
Also some more bad news, I talked to a marine patrol officer yesterday who was surveying pier damage, she said Grandview is completely destroyed.

·
Registered
633 Posts
congrats on the keeper..i'm still searchin for mine lol but hurricane day..me and my buddy ate the 22 1/4 keeper he caught...it was delicious!!....this is how i cooked it...seasoned up the filets with anything i could find ,cajun seasoning,onion power,lemon&pepper salt,black pepper,oregano,basil.....laid down some aluminum foilthen put the seasoned filets on it.....took a stick of butter and let it sit outside frig for awhile to get it soft....then rubbed alot of butter on the filet(used the whole stick)...he had no lemons...so i sliced up some oranges and put orange slices on top and bottom of filets (for flavor and to keep fish from burning)...took another piece of alum foil and covered it...rolling the edges together to make a pouche......threw it on the grill for about 20 minutes......and bam!..make ya want to slap ya mammy!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey bucket - good to see you online.

Yeah, Lynnhaven lost about 3-400 hundred feet from the end of the pier but it is open to the second shelter. (about 3/4 of pier left to fish).

Action on Blues has been good if you dont mind catching small ones....some BiG speckled trout and Drums on cutbait. Havent been many spots the last few days but they are there intermittently.

Dolphins been visiting every evening before sunset or right after....black sea bass been biting also.

Hope all is well with you and your family.

Pier is open 24/7

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my handle

means absolutely nothing, just a nickname I got at work recently. guess it's easier to say than my real name, Keith. I should come up with something better one of these days. Is there any story behind "Bucket"?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.