Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the Murrells inlet fishing scene and wanted to know if there are any keeper flounder being caught? I like to anchor up and fish and have no idea about the area or where to fish for them. I have been out there a couple times and saw some good looking places but if anyone could give me some direction out there that would be great. I'm really just looking for a place to catch flounder and if they are biting yet. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Since flounder mostly lay still on the bottom and ambush prey, you do best drifting or trolling around, generally speaking. You'll pick up a few keepers now, in the coming weeks you'll see more and more.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
you will probably get more answers to this question next week, after the flounder tournament.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
We do this

Up north we try to find a "suck" right off a sand bar/structure. It doesn't have to be that strong. The water will be moving just a bit faster than the water around it. We then cast upflow and let our bait drift back through. We use those inline weights to control the drift. Thats how we do/did it in Jersey

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got to fish Murrells today nd the bite was hot. Fished some docks for flounder and caught 4 keepers. Been trying to find some trout but haven't had a lot of luck. Dont' really know what to use. Has anyone else had any luck as of late with the trout/flatfish?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.