Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daytime temps looking warmer, right wind, maybe blow a bit of warmer water in, let me know if you are in for some Deleware surf or where ever. If conditions make fish catching possible, elbow's got one more trip. Hint hint (but it's your neck, never done Cape Henlopen. No promise as "it isn't nice to fool mother nature".

Let me know.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Friday 12/26/03

Shaggy:
I'll keep an eye on the weather..also Liam's got a little cough going..but he is out of school now for two weeks..I'll have to see how the week plays out..Friday would be nice..last day of work today....we could meet at Cape Henlopen and you could ride on with us...oh well..I'll check back later.:)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Thursday / Friday Seas

Shaggy,
Not looking very fishy , wind wise for Friday> THU NIGHT...W WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. .FRI...W WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT. .SAT...NW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT. That forecast is for Cape Henlopen to Fenwick Island!

:(

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang, I hate any kind of wind with that dagburned "W" direction.

Maybe there will be a change, if not, it wasn't meant to be. Have a safe and happy Holiday.

·
Registered
680 Posts
murph & shaggy. i haven't fished the last few days but i hea that some rock have been caught on bait. i'll check today and pm you murph.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Winds with a "W" in them

What wrongs with winds with "W" in them?

In your face?

Casting distance?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Orest, They will usually flatten out the ocean..give you a long cast but at the same time keep the bait and fish offshore..listening to a little Neil Young and having some Miller Lites..now all I need is a rod in my hand..take care guys..Bill I look forward to your report..Shaggy I hope they change!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
680 Posts
murph. there were some in the north pocket but not in the last couple days. there has been some just offshore. this warm few days may bring them back in. the birds were thick at the mouth of inlet today. i just got my new beach permit for the next two years.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love Neil, but me I'm a listening to a bit of Texas style swing with Asleep At the Wheel and a Bud Light. Billr, generally I find, as Murph said, that a westardly direction wind does indeed blow bait fish farther out, and thus the elsusive quarry, though stragglers may remain. That's why I like a nor'easter, blowing stuff toward shore, and with the warmer air temps, maybe some warmer water.

Anyhow, to all, have a happy and safe holiday season.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts