Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find thread stating when you were going? I'll probably go Sat.

Does anyone know if Kool Ice will have fresh bunker/alewifes, say around 3:30 pm on Saturday or should I get them at Island?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
No Fishing this weekend

Orest,
My wife is going away this weekend, Christmas shopping with her friends..I have both kids..I don't take my 3 yr. old fishing yet. I will see you at PLO on the 15th if you're going..hopefully I can get back to the Tank before the bite dies off for the Winter! :)

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hit Enter too so.

Yes am going to PLO, got to see what so special about PLO. Am sure the picture is breath taking; but how is the fishing????

We still hjave some weekends left to meet up.......

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Orest when are you leaving for PLO(time) from Ellicott city it's about 2hr. drive,I'v got to take care of some little chores before I can leave.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trigger PLO

Was thinking of leaving between 8 - 9, or sooner, never been down those roads and I can't stand being late for something and I might try and do some fishing first. What is the best way down there from our neck of the woods?

Do you have to pay to get in the park? I wonder if my season pass from SPSP is good down there?

Got to pick up bait first, someone mentioned Rick's Bait shop before the park. I wonder if Lotte's carries fresh bunker?

Got to get the chicken soaking. Hey Trigger is Crab oil the same as Peeler/Shredder oil people here refer to?

What time were you thinking of leaving and returning????

·
Registered
597 Posts
Orest,
PLO is free this time of year. Only during the summer do they charge.

Ricks Marine is a great place to get bait. Fresh bunker and large bloods. Frozen peelers if you desire.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
No SPSP pass won't work, and I think you may have to pay, I think it's around $3 to get in not for sure. From where we live, take Rt. 32 to Rt.301 toward Upper Marlboro,then take Rt. 4 to Solomans(watch your speed from Prince Frederick to Solomans) go over bridge to Rt. 235 make left at light,stay on Rt.235 till for 30 mins. until you get to Rt.5(blinking lite) turn left for 5 or 6 miles to park enterance on right. Ricks Marine/bait shop on left just before park. There's another bait shop before Pax river on the right side(Tackle Box) Rt. 235. I think crab oil is the same but not sure. If I can get the wife to take care of the dogs and take her out for dinner on Sun. then I will leave sooner than 2pm. and come back that nite.:D

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trigger

Thanks for the info.

Dogs can't be alone very long????

What kinda of dogs do you have? We have 3 80 # rescued mutts; can't let anyone take care of them, they won't let any strangers in the house; great security system.:D

How do you use peelers? You buy them frozen, do you use them frozen????

See ya there.....:)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Reddog well no particular reason.

Anyway, peelers you can jut spilt them into four pieces and they are ready for the hook. I was just saying that they are frozen and not fresh but they should work for striper all the same. I was using hard crab that had been frozen on Sat and that is what I had the most luck with. THe large ones are supposed to love it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts