Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Had to look up that term. Larger mullet are showing up. I don’t think things will get moving until some storms roll through and cool things off even more.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I work along the Elizabeth River by the terminal areas, and I observed large schools of mullet just below the surface today. First time I've ever seen them around there. There were at least 20-25 in the school. About 14-17 inch class.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I work along the Elizabeth River by the terminal areas, and I observed large schools of mullet just below the surface today. First time I've ever seen them around there. There were at least 20-25 in the school. About 14-17 inch class.
When you refer to the E'river terminal area are you talking about the P'town container dock by the Coast Guard base and Craney Island ? If so there is a salt water marsh area just south of there close to the "Slag Pile" that is a excellent mullet growing spot !!

I fished that area out of a kayak and wade fished too and this time of year they start to school up and migrate out. I seen them from finger and cob size to 2 lb'ers which makes it a good spot to fish for their predators.

·
Registered
29 Posts
When you refer to the E'river terminal area are you talking about the P'town container dock by the Coast Guard base and Craney Island ? If so there is a salt water marsh area just south of there close to the "Slag Pile" that is a excellent mullet growing spot !!

I fished that area out of a kayak and wade fished too and this time of year they start to school up and migrate out. I seen them from finger and cob size to 2 lb'ers which makes it a good spot to fish for their predators.
Right by Craney Island.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts