Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. Finally moved into the new home here in Beaufort SC. Moved from Pa, to our home in Cape May, to our final destination here in Beaufort SC. I have a 17’ Scout Costa, which was the perfect boat for me in Cape May. I love flounder fishing, as thats really about the biggest thing going in NJ. I troll for them as opposed to just a dead drift method. There are so many miles upon miles to fish here compared to NJ backwater. My landscaper down here has been great at showing me the ropes, but flounder fishing is almost non existent down here. I have found a place where I clean up the mud minnows though. I’m looking around and feel my best bet here is closer to the ocean. Fripp inlet, and the beaches in front of hunting island and Fripp? Any direction would be most helpful. Not looking for an exact spot.......I can certainly find the conditions........It’s just so vast down here. It’s sort of like everyone I know asking me....“How many houses back from the beach are you” I need to explain to them, this ain’t jersey.......they haven’t built on every single section of dirt. I’m 10 miles back, but I’m right next to it. 😊 Happy to be here, where I can fish year round. 👍 Thanks! alex

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
I don't know your area but I feel like there should be plenty of flounder around. We don't go out and jig while drifting for them down here like is common in the NE. It's an inshore game, 1-10', and of course they'll stack up near structure like piers, jetties, any breaks in the current, hard and soft structure. Some troll live mud minnows or finger mullet, cast lip hooked minnows on jigheads, Gulp on jigheads, Vudu shrimp, DOA shrimp, Zman plastics, etc. I like to add some ProCure to non Gulp artifical baits.

If you want to keep jigging them the local ocean reefs and wrecks hold them around the edges on the sand bottom. Bucktail and gulp or a lot of people just drop down live finger mullet for them.

Shoot me PM if I can be anymore help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know your area but I feel like there should be plenty of flounder around. We don't go out and jig while drifting for them down here like is common in the NE. It's an inshore game, 1-10', and of course they'll stack up near structure like piers, jetties, any breaks in the current, hard and soft structure. Some troll live mud minnows or finger mullet, cast lip hooked minnows on jigheads, Gulp on jigheads, Vudu shrimp, DOA shrimp, Zman plastics, etc. I like to add some ProCure to non Gulp artifical baits.

If you want to keep jigging them the local ocean reefs and wrecks hold them around the edges on the sand bottom. Bucktail and gulp or a lot of people just drop down live finger mullet for them.

Shoot me PM if I can be anymore help.
Smoothlures, Thanks. I already rigged a couple rods up for a day out of Fripp inlet. I’ll change my technique up a bit, find them first, then I can figure out a way to get them. Thanks for the help. I’ll let you know how I do, and what I did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts