Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John Clyde, Justin and I took off at about 5:30 am on the Johnboat with a south slop quartering us but it wasnt long before that slowed to near nothing as we hammered out to the drop. We weren't expecting to make it that far but after catching a load of bait halfway out we tried it. We worked from there back in and jigged up some AJ's and Trigger fish. We also caught some Red Grouper, and Seabass on bait.

Highlight was john and his Hognose Snapper he caught.

I got two nice Gags on the last two drops as I was hoarding the few remaining squids and managed to not get zeroed on the gouper.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Couple of threads down DD............

Best we can tell it's a Toro. Caught on a little 2oz Smith Dunkshot. The larger Dunkshots (and a cheaper knockoff made by blue water candy called a rosco) are killer for grouper and cobia.

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Couple of threads down DD............

Best we can tell it's a Toro. Caught on a little 2oz Smith Dunkshot. The larger Dunkshots (and a cheaper knockoff made by blue water candy called a rosco) are killer for grouper and cobia.
Whoops correction: It's John? holding the fish I was asking about.. You'rs is a squirrel fish,imho....

Did I mention,great report??? :D

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Sweet catchin' and report Ryan. Fun times. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.