Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,
I visited the Cambridge side pier on Thursday around 1 am and fished until the morning.

Around 2am, I got around 5 14-15" rock and all released, then as soon as I released the 4th or 5th, my second rod was lifted from the ground and heading into the water! gosh..luckily I jumped and grabbed it. People gathered around me and betting what it was, they said was a mutant cat :D It was a rock fish!

No body had a net and we worked together to pull that monster out of the water and as soon as we got it up to the rails, the line broke

I'm sure it was 35+" or similar, because when its mouth was around the second rail, his tail was hitting the white pipe located about 40" below. Gosh..It would have been my biggest catch at the tank!

That wasn't the only monster at the tank.

Cats Cats Cats, None of them were smaller than 20"

well enough of monster strories..

I got

40+ spots, few perch
2 sea trouts
5+ cats -I think I caught the same cat over and over

2 rocks (19", 23")

No blue hmmm

and 2 crabs tangled with my hook.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to tell you guys,
Poeple right next to me caught 19" blue. and 24" rock.
They said they got them around 10 pm.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Choptank Bait and Location

What were you using for bait and how far down were you fishing?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As usual, I don't go that far. I fished just before the third portable restrooms. I will get the post number someday :)

and used cut spot only. people who caught the blue used peelers.

I use small piece.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The other side.

btw, Axon, are you a Korean? or just live there?

I'm a Korean also , from Seoul.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Is there a decent bait shop around choptank to get some bloods? Looking to catch some spot for bait, not trying to deal with bloods from angler's that are thinner than the hook:mad:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well, there is a secret place that opens 24/7 :)
j/k w/ secret, but they have the most fresh bloods.

Right after you pass the bay bridge, there is a small shell station.

Their bloods are really fresh and was $6.45 but I get them for $5.99. bad news is that they raised price to $7.99 this week!

I'm going to ask him if I can still get some discount :)

but if you are coming from the other side, say from Salisbury area, try citgo near the cambridge side pier, their bloods are 7.39 or something like that.

last time I checked them they were fresh. They open 24/7 as well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks bobang. Hope to get out there maybe satnight into sun maybe. So did you ever figure out which post you were fishing at? Just after the 3rd set of portapotties??

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there is a bench just before the 3rd one.and the light post doesn't work there. its the one right before the broken one..maybye #8 something..

·
Registered
963 Posts
bobang

I'am good old American stationed (army) here in Seoul. I have 7 months and 3 wks left on my sentence here:D

Do you still know anyone here that speaks some english and could show me some places to fish. Right now I'm only set up to do bottom fishing.

Also if possible direct me to a bait shop around here. I live in Iteawon-2dong near the Grand Hyatt. I have found one on Rt41 near the bridge but not impressed.

We need to hook up when i come home on leave and talk

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
A little bit below the dorsel fin(between the dorsel fin and the back bone) don't nick the back bone you will kill it.:jawdrop:

·
Registered
129 Posts
yea, stay well under the line of dots running along the backbone. If it's a good size, sometimes I hook it just behind the dorsal w/ a circle hook. The fish is thinner there and I think it lets the fish stay mobile and upright.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts