Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
watchin Monsterquest on the History channel, talkin about 800 lb groupers :eek: had a guy talkin about his motor on his boat messed up, so overboard he goes to take a look and a grouper estimated at 250lbs bit his head!! just another reason i dont like being in water where i cant see the bottom lol

·
Registered
573 Posts
Those fish the divers were chasing didn't look nowhere's close to the estimated 300lbs they were trying to make them out to be. I like MQ, but I call BS on that. Not saying there's none out there by any stretch. Just seems like they did a poor job searching for them. The walleye/musty guys were brought allot more evidence I thought. Sure is encouraging info though. Love to catch one of them!:eek:

Ben

·
Registered
892 Posts
Monster Quest makes me ill because you know with all the scientific data backlogged that they pertain to, and the mysterious lack of general results that they conclude their program with every week that someone is keeping them hush hush on the recorded facts. It pains me that as advanced as a culture as we have become that we are still scared to death of what the true ramifications are if in fact an offshoot of Gigantopithecus, or a plesiosaur, or a giant feathered bird, or even a yellow Oranglike 3 ft. homonid that exists in the Meekong delta, actually and probably do exist. By whos mandate should these incredible discoveries be kept quiet. Everybody knows our government keeps the lid on any UFO activity. It hurts my feelings as a religiously friendly sort that "certain" organizations feel the need to colude in an attempt to hide the biological truth.

·
Registered
983 Posts
i can understand when they go in search of the big snakes, or fish, or doing tests to see if hogzilla was really that big or whatever, but you know it kinda annoys me when they go looking for bigfoot, or nessie, or any of these other "mythical" creatures and act like their research might actually reveal something during the show right in front of our very eyes, when in real life, if any true evidence of these creatures was found, we would have heard about it LONG before the episode aired, dont get me wrong, i like the show, but its not like they are gonna discover anything new that we dont already know about.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Catfish, I think they have,or someone has, previously discovered evidence and that is precisely why they are there. Can you imagine being a host on this program. Being told that you can circumvent the issues and evidence all you want but under no circumstances can any ground breaking discoveries be revealed. Its called censorship and as an anthropology buff it pisses me off that our government and or certain religious factions has chosen to conceal these facts or actually have the influence, and obviously the puppets, to enforce their choices. Take for instance the PA photos of the immature bigfoot caught with an auto camera. Notice they came back in and claimed it was an immature bear with a bad case of mange. One look at the photo and and you can see a human hip as this creature is bent over. Only one more flagrant attempt to conceal the fact that modern man may have living biological relatives other than modern primates. I think the worst part of this is that John Q Public is either unaware or doesn't care.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Last night, I enjoyed the "big muskie" segment! Five Foot Long!!! And they found at least ONE!!! Nasty teeth, also, for a freshwater fish!!! Would love to hook one, but they are "velly velly cagy cleatures"!!! Most fishermen consider it a success if they can just raise one and get it to follow the lure!!!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Catfish, I think they have,or someone has, previously discovered evidence and that is precisely why they are there. Can you imagine being a host on this program. Being told that you can circumvent the issues and evidence all you want but under no circumstances can any ground breaking discoveries be revealed. Its called censorship and as an anthropology buff it pisses me off that our government and or certain religious factions has chosen to conceal these facts or actually have the influence, and obviously the puppets, to enforce their choices. Take for instance the PA photos of the immature bigfoot caught with an auto camera. Notice they came back in and claimed it was an immature bear with a bad case of mange. One look at the photo and and you can see a human hip as this creature is bent over. Only one more flagrant attempt to conceal the fact that modern man may have living biological relatives other than modern primates. I think the worst part of this is that John Q Public is either unaware or doesn't care.

Is this true opinion or a joke?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
No problem with any of it. Just trying to get a stance on what you believe. I know a lot of these guys on here and have fished with them and know a lot of them on here and never met and able to read most of the people that post here. However, I do not know you and do not know how to read you as to whether that is your beliefs or your way of being funny. Have no problem with either.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Last night, I enjoyed the "big muskie" segment! Five Foot Long!!! And they found at least ONE!!! Nasty teeth, also, for a freshwater fish!!! Would love to hook one, but they are "velly velly cagy cleatures"!!! Most fishermen consider it a success if they can just raise one and get it to follow the lure!!!
speaking of muskie, they have a close relative, the northern pike. caught hundreds as a kid in the finger lakes of new york. a mean fish! attacks lures more for the sake of attacking than eating. when i was a kid we use to go to my uncles fly-in cabin in canada to fish for walleyes every spring. we didn't take much food cause we were suppose to eat walleye. well the lake had some big northerns and i always fished for them while dad and my uncle caught the food. my grandfather was a muskie fisherman, use to travel to wisconsin yearly just to fish for them. a successful trip would be one or 2 fish. a close friend of mine holds(or at least did hold) the state record in ny for tiger muskie(a hybrid of muskie and northern pike)he caught it in a river none the less.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I still find it funny :mad: (not) how we have spent BILLIONS looking to the stars and still don't know nutten about our own planet and still aint gotten a dang thing out of all of it but TANG (thats a drink for you youngens)

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I still find it funny :mad: (not) how we have spent BILLIONS looking to the stars and still don't know nutten about our own planet and still aint gotten a dang thing out of all of it but TANG (thats a drink for you youngens)
Im still considered a youngen by most at 29 but I love me some tang :p

·
Registered
573 Posts
I agree that we don't know nutten about this planet compared to what there is to know. But just for fun Google "benefits of the space program". You'll probably be surprised. Is it worth billions? You decide. I sure do like my computers, cell phone, gps and the high tech stuff.......and tang for sure.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I find it hard to believe we have primate 'cousins' living with us on this planet that we don't know about. Some sort of small monkey, maybe. An upright, 'big foot' kind of creature, doubt it. Closest Ive seen to any of that was Shooter after a night during the striper tourny.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
The "immature bigfoot" part
It's highly probable that we don't see these creatures, as they could ride unicorns, so that they could fly away and 'hide' in the trees when man comes through, and leave no tracks, as the only tracks left behind would look like that of an ordinary horse.

Or maybe they have gills or huge lung capacity, so as to be able to hide in the depths with Nessie.:confused:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.