Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and a friend fished the beach today...2pm-7pm....caught 23 spot and a few pig fish and one big croaker....all on bloodworms..bay was very calm.......i fillet'd all of them with skin on and salted them down for striper season :)...gonna be my last fishing trip till after the hurricane....hopefully i have a house to come back too ..i'm heading to suffolk to stay with a friend, definetly not stay here on the spit lol

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just got off the beach again today..fished with bloodworms i salted down last night....caught 13 BIG spot and a 18" STRIPER!!:D.. what a rush ...caught the striper on a HALF of a bloodworm..couldnt believe it....i scaled all the spot and cleaned them up to cook tonight...gonna be the first time i eat spot,i just couldnt use these big spot for bait..have to cook em lol

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no been fishing on willoughby spit...off 9th view...i just came back from lighthouse tackle getting a fresh spool of power pro... and this guy was in there saying how he been killin the spot and specks today somewhere between lynnhaven and ft.story ..he was catching the specks on cut spot.....i'm goin back on the beach tonight about 9pm and fish the incoming tide..try for another striper:)....all i know is the spot is on the run today for sure

·
Registered
389 Posts
Lynnhaven has had the spot run now, I guess a week or so. If I wasn't so busy gettin ready for the storm I'd be there. Oh well hope she'll go northwest so I can get back to feeshn .

·
Registered
300 Posts
The last 2 days have been CRAPPY fishing. I havent been able to even get a nibble.

Fished last night from about 10pm to 3:30 with BadDog...fun but no fish.

The weather seemed perfect - 18mph NE wind...choppy water, but no fish. Jenny (Lynnhaven Pier Owners daughter) caught a nice flounder last night though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts