Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After sleeping in today (against my better judgment) I did some last minute Christmas shopping and hit Chick's about an hour before sunset to see a huge flock of birds about 120 yards out diving on fish.

At that point, I had two choices: suit up with the waders and forget the video camera and be able to reach the fish or skip the waders, bring the camcorder and hope they came onshore. I brought the camera and left the waders. You can guess what happened.

Oh well, no fish but it was a beautiful day. I'll be chasing for birds tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Good luck Flea, If I get up at a resonable time I'll call ya an maybe hook up tomorrow. Merry Christmas. :)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I suppose you don't have any family that keeps you at home during Christmas Day? What part of Chick's Beach did you see the birds? I usually start walking the surf starting at where the houses burned down, go west to Little Creek, then go back east a couple of blocks to the Lee Ct access path. Tend to see some guys in waders just west of the CBBT. I haven't seen them pull anything in though. I'm only using a Kastmaster. Maybe time for some bait?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Good luck Flea and have a Happy Fishing Hoilday

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
johnnyleo11, I'll do the gift swap with my grandparents early in the morning and then I'm out the door.

The birds were to the left on Chick's, all the way up at the fence that goes onto restricted Little Creek property.

Cdog, I'm here until Sunday. Let's chase some birds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
chasing

I might be up for some bird chasing. Got the yak with me to make up for the lack of a long surf rod. Would love to get a few more stripers from the barge this year. HAven't tangled with any since the spring in Fredericksburg.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bucket,

Gulls, lots and lots of gulls. No one in boats or on the beach.

I know I should have thought of catching first, but my oh my do I love to capture blitz footage :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts