Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your favorite MirrOLure for Specs, Pups, Flounder, etc. Im new to them so would like some guidance.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
52MR in colors 808, 18 and 52M in PD (purple) at night/dusk/dawn. I'd like to have a pink one, too...52M HP. Don't go crazy buying a bunch of different ones, get a few and learn the technique and how to find the fish first.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I agree with SmoothLures...it's tempting but you really don't need a bunch of Mirrolures. Been there, done that. But that being said the 52MR in PD (purple demon) and NS (night stalker) are good colors for fishing at night. I like the rattle of the MR series as opposed to just the M series.

Lately I have preferred to not fish with trebles and am using jig heads with paddle tail Saltwater Assassins.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, thank you everyone for the advice. I am new to fishing with lures in saltwater as I have always used bait.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One more question. To be specific I fish southern NC and it is dark water, so are all the colors good or should I use colors specific to dark water.

·
Registered
769 Posts
TT HP - tiny trout in hot pink works well in stained water. For all around anytime my fav is the TT11FLO. You will develop your own favorites over time. best - glenn

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I'm going to get the TT in Green/white/silver and the 52M in Purple Demon. Should I get different types or should I just get a few more colors?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Only thing I can add is mirrorlures are more of my cold cold water lure for trout mainly Since you gotta go slow and even slower for great success. So you will get pups now and then to . maybe others will chime in on this but that's when I have good success on them.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
17 MR works best in shallower water. Deeper water and a shoreline such sa beach stick with the TT or TTR or the 52M or MR.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts