Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put together a 9wt fly rod for this years week at the river. Got some pics to share...

Caught a couple of brown trout also...got them on egg patterns as they are in there eating the salmon spawn. Didn't bother going to the bank to get pics of them...released them immediately back into the river.

Last pic is a big 18lb male which ended up being the largest fish for our camp that week...also the only fish I did not catch on my flyrod. Not the most flattering picture of me, but it shows the fish well...and my leg getting spoojed :eek::D

·
Registered
348 Posts
Did you feel the urge to have a cigarette after that salmon spoojed ya???:>)

Nice fish, by the way, and nice job on the rod, too!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya know...I felt kinda... violated, sorta used, but I got over it real quick and threw him in the cooler :popcorn:

If any of you want a change of pace from salt fishin...but still get some real pullage, meet me up there. We go every Fall around the last week of Sep. or the first week of Oct. I'll give you directions :fishing:

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
That's a beast. I haven't flyfished in years.:redface:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Great fish. I have often thought about getting into fly fishin. I treid it once but didn't have the patience.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm counting the days till next years trip. :fishing:

I'll post the dates as soon as we chisel them into stone in case anybody wants to meet me up there...:beer:

It will be the last week in Sep, or the first week in Oct.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts