Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a while since I posted a report, but we have been to busy fishing. We are out almost every day, and we have been doing good catching fish every trip to bring home. Yesterday we took my buddies girlfriend and her kids out. We got out there at 8 and had the live well loaded up in 5 min right by the dock then headed out and fished the south side of the jetties to get out of the wind. We had just planned on putting the kids on pin fish and small seabass and letting them pull them in one after another, and they were happy as could be with that since this was their first SC salt water trip. Then we got into some good size blues then the big bull reds showed up and the kids each got to catch one. We used whole live mullet on double drop rigs with #1 circle hooks. If the blues would short strike and chop the bait up we left it there for the reds and they had no problem picking up the left overs. The bait was a constant flow of mullet and menhaden all day long. By 12:00 the little ones were tired and ready to head in. We dropped them off at the dock and headed straight back out. Still bait everywhere and still fish to be caught. We headed home about 6:00. All in all it was a great day, the kids got to catch some good fish and that's all they talked about all night. I went to King Sailfish Mounts website and made them both a release certificate to show their friends.
Fishing Fish Recreational fishing Fish Recreation
Recreation Fish Fishing Vacation

1 - 1 of 1 Posts