Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fishied Metapeake yet? How's the bite and I hear SPSP is open for fishing now, is this true?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Matapeake has been hit or miss, have seen many blues and sea trout caught there though. SPSP is now reopened and I fished there on SUnday, 4 blues, a sea trout and numerous perch. Not too bad but beach has a lot of erosion so beware of those big waves or you will be swimmin'

·
Registered
720 Posts
I was just curious of how much they charged to fish the pier at metapeake? Was it like a few bucks per person?

I haven't fished metapeake but was told by a few guys while fishing at narrows catfish were plentiful there 2 weeks ago. Other than that, you might want to try narrows but it's on and off at times.

·
Registered
597 Posts
THat is correct, but make sure you pay the parking fee, you have to put money in a machine and it prints a ticket and you simple place it on your dashboard. Good for 24 hrs

·
Registered
17 Posts
Matapeake 9/30

Fished Matapeake last night.....8-11 pm.

Water was extremely choppy, and wind was strong. Had several fish on, but only landed one 15 inch rock. Disappointing......but I had better luck than some.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It was a little chilly, but I'm a northern boy.

I didn't see any bait in the water, unless you count those needle nose things. What are they anyway? Gar? I thought Gar are more warm water fish.

In the past, even when I didn't see much bait there would at least be a few minnows in the shallow water by the boat launch....but not last night. The water was the roughest I've ever seen in that area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts