Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and 3 friends randomly decided to go fishing Sunday. Arrived at pier around noon. Someone was generous enough to leave a parking receipt on top of the machine so didn't have to pay the $10(Thanks to the person if you are on the forums). 6 rods total, 5 with hi-lo rigs and other with fish finder, bloodworms and fishbites for bait. We setup toward end of pier, pretty crowded but little action to that point.

Within 10min we gets a hit, reel in 12in rock. I finally cast my first rod, and start rigging my other rod and get a hit on first, reel in a double 15in and 12in rocks. As I'm re-baiting my first rod 2 friends get hits, 2 10in rocks on one rod and a 14in other. I cast and as I'm tightening slack get a small hit, set hook, but don't feel anything assume I lost it, then bam a big hit. Reel in 2 more rocks 8in and 17in. Then action stops around 2:30. We see two skates reeled in between 3-6pm. 2 or 3 other people catch fish in shallower are(not sure on what). We hook up on 4 more small rockfish between 6-9pm. Everyone looked like they were getting action at this point see 2-3 nice size bluefish caught by neighbors. Out of bloodworms around 9:30 so called it a night and head home.

All and all a fun afternoon of fishing, sucks we didn't reel in any keepers but the action we had going was fun.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks for the report. I went to PLO, could not fish causeway side, the wave and wind made it impossible. Fished the calm side opposite the causeway, 14 medium spot 2 eels and a 16 inch striper. Fished 2-9PM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts