Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to the pier just after high tide, well maybe a bit after high tide. There were only three other people there! About 2 pm an actual mini blitz occured. I caught 8 croakers to 17 inches in about 30 minutes. I left with 10 hardheads and one 20 inch blue. The circle hook experiment worked! You guys rock. The blue was hooked in the front of his jaw with no abraisions to my line..... :D
People started coming around 5 pm bringing with them high winds and light sinkers.......I left with the lightning flashing on the horizon :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
That's some quality fish Rad. Nice to see some blues activity because close on their heels are the trout. What bait were you using? Sounds as if you were fishing the outgoing tide, my favorite. Thanks for the report.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Big Rad,

Thanks for the report. I was waiting for Blues... :) Glad to hear you had a good day of fishing... metapeake with only 3 people on a weekend in May is very rare...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Way to go Big Rad. Wife is down so that pretty much makes me down. Won't be able to get to my fishing holes in a while. So keep posting - it's the next best thing outside of the fishing shows on cable.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:rolleyes: OOOPs..........

I used bloods for the majority of the time. The blue took fresh spot (I forgot to tell ya the spot are here ;) ) cut bait. I also used squid but had no takers.

A reminder to those who don't know........
Horseshoe crabs are a part of the environment too. Just because one happens to take your worm, lets put em back no worse for the wear. I saw some questionable act concerning them :( . Aren't they protected or something?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Guys thanks for those horse shoe crab links. They satisfied the nerd in me.

I think they're pretty neat. Last year I caught a gift horse loaded with lead weights, leaders and old hooks. I performed surgery and wound up about a pound heavier.

Now if only toad-fish had gold in their bellies.

-c

1 - 9 of 9 Posts