Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I recently bought my first Surf Plugs, they are RMls, a giant, danny and I think a FB swimmer. As you know they have metal lips. I was wondering what actions you get when bending the lips up or down. Will you also get different actions by bending the line tie eye?
Also, these will not be used in the surf, they will be used for landlocked Stripers in my local lakes. I'm thinking they will work for some of the larger bass.

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
up they'll dive deeper, down they'll run shallower... bending them will weaken them also, be careful...

bending the eye will do the same as the lip but to a lesser extent... left and right will make it run to one side or the other... again bending the eye will weaken it...

make no more adjustments then needed to get it running true... if you need it to run shallower reel it in with your rod tip high... deeper keep the rod tip low, even under water...

don't know the RMI brand but if they're through wired wooden plugs they're to expensive to be messing around with... good luck with'em...

·
Registered
118 Posts
DON'T BEND THE LIPS........ you run a really good chance of killing the action. I, as would most plug builders, recomend always adjusting the depth by bending the front eye.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.