Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got out about 6AM . Windy with some rain .Water in the Indian river had a good chop going . Sun just coming up and Bam 24 inch Seatrout on a White D.O.A Shrimp . Caught the Biggin right next to the Pier so there was not much of a fight except when he tried to dart under the pier. But we won the contest . Kozlow 1 biggin , Fish 0. Was ready to go home right before the Biggin hit the D.O.A . Glad I casted a few more times.
Hell as you can see in the PIC I was home before the sun had even come up all the way. Like those kind of days . But I will tell you I have caught larger fish on days when you think the conditions are not ideal ones. Was home by 6:30 AM .
TS Henri must have scaried them out of their holes.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Lookin good! Nice fish! Glad to see the DOA's are still working... I'll catch up to you again sometime...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Nice goin' Koz!

I'm thinking about taking a trip up to the Daytona Beach Pier on Sunday after I regain consciousness.

Never been, there. Just thought I would check it out.

Anybody have any experience with this pier?

Think that ocean conditions will be a little more conducive to fishing on Sunday?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
320 Posts
WTG Koz looking good. Sunglow is in Port Orange, Mainstreet is in Daytona. Went down to canaveral this evening just to look and see, surf was pretty big and quite a few weeds in the water. Paper said the main catch at mainstreet was weeds. Canaveral didn't look that bad , they may have over exaggerated. Lets just say I have fished in worse....lol, Good luck at the pier and let us know how it was.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I was thinking about giving Sunglow a try, maybe Sunday afternoon.

I've never been there, and this would be a good opportunity to go check the place out.

Since I'm on the east side of Orange County, it's only about 60 miles from the house to Sunglow. Probably a little closer than Melbourne Beach pier.

Anyway, if I decide to go, I'll let y'all know how it looks.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could of had it for breakfest flistell but I thought I would wait to see what I could catch sunday AM so I could fill the smoker up .:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts