Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fished the surf today 1:00 till 5:00. Many Blues to be had. Plenty of bait fish in the surf. Had one Tarpon get off using those Blue heads for bait worked great.

Ended up with a Shark. Enjoyed the shark steaks on the grill this evening. Have some other PICS will post ASAP

Picture of shark caught today attached.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hey Pal,

Nice fish! Sure am glad you got that SOB that swam past every time you made a post. :D....Tightlines

·
Registered
256 Posts
nice catch, how far out do you cast to catch the sharks? i'd like to get one or some, but i'm also a concerned surfer. try not to think about the toothy fish when i'm out with the board. what kind of shark is that? are they tough to clean because of the sandpaper skin? one more thing, what size hooks when baited with fish heads?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Caught that little Bull Shark about 100 yards out if that. Use (2) # 6 hooks with a steel wire leader about 4 ft long and hooked up to 30 lb mono , with a 3 OZ sinker hooked up to it. You must clean it as soon as possible. Cut behind the gills staight down . Slice up the bell and gut it . Use your extra sharp fillet knife or get your hack saw out and make your steaks all the way down to the tail.
I got about 20 nice size steaks about 1 1/2 inches thick . Then once you have your steaks cut up just take the sandpaper skin right off with your knife . I gutted him on the beach and carried him across A1A to make him into steaks. :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
nice catch koz, finally someone got somewhere on the surf. Will be heading out there later today, need to take care of a few items around the house this am. Will post results later today or in the am. Smooth casting.:)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Nice shark, Koz. I'm glad I taught you how... yeah, right!

Hit the Indialantic surf this morning. THAT was a waste of time. Too much wind, waves and seaweed. And no action. Other than that, it was wonderful :rolleyes: . I did help rid the ocean of about 244 lbs of unwanted seaweed so I did my part aiding the surf fishing fellowship.

It pisses me off when you work hard all week, thinking about your next weekend outing, and then the weather/conditions go sour. It's especially saddening when the conditions have been perfect all (work) week too. :(

Now I have to get back to dreaming of fishing......... Of course Koz will probably report he caught everything over at the pier today and then I'll start crying again.

But tomorrow............

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually Mullet Wrangler I am going to take it easy this weekend . Like you said the surf is going to be tashed up this weekend and its a shame for it to happen when you wait all week and its like that. Was at Sebastian Inlet on the Boat yesterday and didn't catch much just a couple snappers mangrove and a couple seatrout . Would like to get another toothy but surf is not going to cooperate.:( Might hit the Pier in the AM. Then again I just might sleep in for a change.:D

Good Luck out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts