Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started at day light bait all around but no hits . Saw a few trout and ladies landed on live mullet and also ran into Mullet Wrangler there . We decided its the Night Glow D.O.A .:p Headed to the beach to look for toothies this PM . Surf looks doable as far as I'm concerned with nothing to show for my efforts this AM on the Pier.
Good Luck to ALL out there this Fine Looking Day.:D :D

Saltwater: Easterly winds shouldn't be too strong to fish inside Port Canaveral and Sebastian Inlet, where anglers are finding a variety of species. Bluefish, Spanish mackerel and jack crevalle are predominant, taking live and artificial baits. If mackerel show up in decent numbers, try small jigs and spoons that mimic a glass minnow or greenie. Flounder are hitting live baits and jigs worked along the bottom, but aren't as numerous as many anglers would like. Redfish are also showing up around the jetties at both inlets, and are sporadic, usually being caught on live baits during outgoing tides.

Shallow flats along the Mosquito Lagoon and northern end of the Indian River are good for sight-casting to redfish. Many of these fish are in water less than a foot deep, and anglers need to wade, push pole or drift for catches.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Kozlow,

It was a beautiful morning on the pier, but too slow. Right after you left my son landed a 17" lady using live mullet. At least ONE of us was successful. I had 3 trout take my popper, but all 3 shook the hook before I landed 'em. :(

You would've laughed at me and my first trout. I had it almost all the way to the pier when the lure pulled free (under tension) and shot over my head. It then hit the end of the slack and sprung back and hit me on top of my hat. Before I knew it, my baseball cap is floating through the air on the end of my lure!!
Ask your buddy. It provided a good laugh for all who saw. At least I'm glad I HAD a hat on!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guessI missed out on that one. It always happens when I leave.:p
Went to the surf had one good hook up with a spinner shark and 2 jumps and it was over 5 footer from 75 yards away .
Tide was on its way out and nothing much else but the weeds . Go away please weeds . :( Had a great time at the beach and enjoyed the day .:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts