Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say a big Thanks!! to Kingfisherman23 for meeting up with me today in Raleigh. Got to get in some practice and learn a good bit from him. Kid has got a good head on his shoulders, I'm 12 yrs. older than him and still learning about the use of my conventional 12' OM with a Slosh 20, and he helped me a bunch today. As it will happen though, I ended blowing up fairly bad and ended having to cut it out and restring, which luckily Evan had line with shock leader and graciously restrung my Slosh(I didn't bring any). Lucky for him though the fun hadn't ended and the Birdnest Bandit bit him on both of his reels including a snapoff. All in all, a very good time was had and I can say I have a new friend. Thanks to Pier and Surf for having this place where we can get together and ask questions and meet new friends, and thanks to Evan for being patient with me. Look forward to fishing with you buddy!:fishing:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Thanks for the write-up, buddy!

I had a great time today, even though I ended the practice with a pair of blowups :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Great meeting up with you, and I hope we'll get to throw the field a bit again or fish together soon.

Guys, watch out for Chris if he ever decides to enter one of the tournaments. The guy has an easy, natural casting style that puts up great numbers. I'd judge his best today at a tad under 120, though I am patently bad at guessing distance.

Next time I'll break out the camera and the laser rangefinder!

Evan

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Good Job guys.. I think he's been bite by the bug..

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
BTW kmw, that SLOSH 20 you sent Chris is a sweet thrower. I got to cast it once today and it sung like a full choir. :D:D Sweet sounds! It seemed to really like the 20# I threw on it.

Evan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.