Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great meeting you guys. McRea, you just did'nt realize what a big help in loaning me your jack. Thank you so much!! :)

Kayo, thanks for introducing me to McRea. I was looking for you at the causeway. Guess you did'nt make it. We'll, if you didn't you probably did'nt miss much.

The wind was howling all day. I managed to catch 6 croakers one was huge.. Nobody else had even a bite. The whole causeway was packed. Anyway, looking forward to fish with ya'll soon.

God Bless,

M

·
0 Posts
Tunafish, I ended up with 8 croakers, left the park at 6pm. Now for the good news, around 4pm a 40" striper was caught at exactly the same location you were fishing also 6 huge croakers. That's going to be my new spot from now on, always seen big stripers hauled out from there, keep that spot a secret. I am leaving the point for other fishermen, great to meet you, hope we can fish together sometime.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Tuna and McRea, great meeting you guys. It must be somthing about the open air, sea water, a pole and the possibility of catching fish that does something to good people. Had a great time at SPSP even though I never fished (two windy).

Tuna hope everything worked out w/the car. Your right, never made it to PLO, wife called and reeled me in (those darn cell phones).

Anyway, you guys name the place and time and I'll be there to fish w/yall. I have not landed any croakers this season. By the way, I do a lot of Ocean City/IRI fishing during the summer/fall months - hope we can hoop-up for some weekend action at the beach, should be a lot of fun.

McRea, did you have on the brown jump suite? If so, what was the name of the big fella who came over and talked w/us. He was fishing on your immediate right. He's a "pier and surffer" to.

Oh, by the way, I bought 3 dozen blood worms from Anglers too. Probably won't do that again.

GO ARMY!

M

·
0 Posts
Kayo, I found that was Big Bear, you are right he's on the Board too. Croakers should be back soon.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MCrae, I went back on Sunday to the same spot. Brought only 1/2 dozen bloodworms with me as I planned on staying for only 2 hrs. We'll, I ended staying for 3 and caught 5 croakers. I was hoping for a keeper striper and spoke to the few who were there and there was no sign of them yesterday. It was gorgeous when I left. Oh we'll the wifey needed some things done, so, you know how it is.

Kayo, yeah, itd did. BUt after Mcrea helped out. As I jacked up my car and removed the flat, I went to pull my spare from my trunk and guess what, my car fell off the jack and broke it. So, I ran down to the beach and asked MCrea to loan me his jack. Finally, got my flat "plugged" and headed to PLO. Did managed to catch nice sized 6 croakers.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Tunafish sounds like you had an interesting day at spsp sat. Too bad I missed ya. Next time we will have to meet up. Just have to look for mcrae and his brown jump suit and converge on him. :p Can't miss him ;) :D

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FL, yup sure did. Next time when you're out there look for a short guy with 2 12ft poles, 1 with red tape on it and drop by and say hello.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts