Pier and Surf Forum banner

101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Late Report Nov 19, Black Drum bite is still on just pass the suds... Shrimp fishbites was my go to bait. Tried fresh shrimp no luck.

Horses on the beach all day long, and had a fishing partner today..

KEEP THOSE HOOKS WET FOLKS, AND GOOD LUCK!!

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #105 (Edited)
Pier will open sometime next year, per their words. No time given??? Still need to replace two pillars at the end of the pier and the crew working on the pier right now don't know how to do it. So, a new contract will be made for some other crew to work on that. That's the South Caroline state goverment for y'all. But, it's the same with all goverments. The old hurry up and wait deal.

However, the surf has been pretty good this year. The word on the Spring Maid pier is that it may be open sometime this year...???

Good luck to all...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
No, not a thing. The weather here have been 68 to 70 degrees this last week and I just had to get out of the house. The weather is fixin to get very cold here so, it was squirrel hunting or hit the beach. What a nice day. Even some horses on the beach.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Comon March, ready for some Whiting. It would be nice if we could get water temps around 55 plus about the 2nd week of March. Been working on all my gear for the last week , new line (ect), all done with that and now I'm going crazy.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
As of today , still no confirmed date as to when the pier will be opened. That is what the sign said on the door of the pier store. I also spoke with some of the crew that are working on the pillars and they didn't know oneway or another. I did see 4 pillars still on the beach. I guess they will be installed. The benches and fish cleaning stations are still not installed. They started last June it may take till June of this year to complete it...No one seems to know anything..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Bored to death, DYI dehooker. Went to a yard sale and found the bottom half of a fishing pole, the lady gave it to me for free. Used an old stake from a blow up xmas decoration, a broken carbon hunting arrow and some epoxy. I know folks, I have to much time on my hands and somewhat frugal.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
A fishing buddy and I will be down September 18-25 at HBSP. Plan on fishing Pawleys and the Jetty during the week. Fish Delaware and Md every year and have been fishing Sc for the past 15 years. Like to fish Flounder, Trout and striped Bass during the day and Shark at night or early morning. If your interested in joining us for a day of fishing when we are down that would be great. Always learn something new when fishing and it seems like you know a lot. Just don’t like pier fishing. To crowded

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Sharkdrake, thanks for the invite. I don't pass up to many invites to go fishing but, I may be in the keys fishing during that time. If you have been fishing S.C. for the last 15 years you got it going on. If you do need some pointers there are alot of folks in that area your fishing and most will be happy to show you a few tricks. I have fished the jetties for many years and I dont think I could make that Trip to many more times.

Went to the MB State Park Pier yesterday all of the pillars have been installed. All of the bench seats and fish cleaning station have been installed. The crew were still working on random boards on the rail. They said after all work was completed it had to be inspected. No opening date given.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Rod, thanks for all of the MB Supdates you have supplied during the renovation. They are totally appreciated. I am looking forward to seeing some of my old friends that I have fished with for years. I heard from a former employee of Springmaid that they plan to open for Memorial Day weekend. I hope it's true. Thanks again. Hopefully I can run into you either on the pier or the sand.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Abass105, no problem man, I get alot of info from this forum and just try to reciprocate. would be nice if Springmaid did open by Memorial day; the crane on that pier is just about out to the end as of to day. They seem to be making progress. The state park pier looks done. All of the heavy equipment is gone and so are the ISO container they use to store tools. However, not one person can seem to tell me when it would be open. The inspection team comes out of Columbia, their words not mine.

Today was around the 70's so I put out a couple lines just to get out the house. Didn't even bring a cooler. No fish.. Well alot of Spring Breakers are showing up maybe I can hook one of them.

Take care Y'ALL .

Attachments

101 - 120 of 136 Posts