Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone needs one, the MI and MB Boater's World both have a ton of TLD 25s at 40 or 50% off. I saw a few 14s I think. The MI store had one Penn 535 Mag but it's probably gone.

Also a bunch of 6500 Baitrunners at the MB store, a few in MI.
I got their last Daiwa BG 20, for 49, he gave me $5 extra off since they didn't have the box. :D

Most plugs are picked through, got a Top Pup in my favorite olive/white and a Catch 2000. A few Gotchas left in MB.

Lots of hooks left at half price. Saw a pier gaff at MB but didn't see a price.

Just FYI, hope it helps someone.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep they're all closing.

Address is

SEABOARD COMMONS SHOPPING CTR
1110 SEABOARD ST
MYRTLE BEACH, SC 29577
(843) 444-9098

The one in MI had a better selection of fishing stuff.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Speaking of hooks, I need some local's advice. Heading to either Dick's Sporting Goods here or a place at Myrtle Beach when I get there to get some tackle for my surf/pier rods. Any suggestions as to what size weights and size/type of hooks I need to buy? I will be fishing with fresh shrimp...or if I can find some some sand fleas. Maybe even some cut baits if I can find fresh.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
#2 to #4 kahles or j hooks. Caught fish up to 28 lbs on the #2 kahles so its my go to.

Most of the time you'll be fine with 3 oz or 4 oz pyramid sinkers. Maybe grab 1 or 2 5 ozers if its really rough.

·
Registered
44 Posts
#2 to #4 kahles or j hooks. Caught fish up to 28 lbs on the #2 kahles so its my go to.

Most of the time you'll be fine with 3 oz or 4 oz pyramid sinkers. Maybe grab 1 or 2 5 ozers if its really rough.
Thanks for the information! I have a page in my editor and there I am writing all these tips down. I will bring it with me when I come this Thursday. Again, thanks!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Stopped by the one up my way yesterday not much left. No rods or reels but I picked up about 40 dollars worth of lures for 14 bucks. I gotta YoZuri that sells at Bass Pro for $17.99 and only paid $2.25 for it, deal of the day for sure

·
Registered
242 Posts
Bought out by West Marine? Are you sure? They are saying bankruptcy in the stores when you go in to shop? So which? Anyone know?
The company that owns Boaters World, Ritz Camera, filed Chapter 11. As part of the agreement with their creditors, they are liquidating Boater's World to help pay their bills. Ritz never should have gotten into the boating supply business in the first place, and now they have to kill off Boater's World as a result of their decisions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.