Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my predictions could be right??????:rolleyes::p

Since Sept when I heard the Farmer's Almanac had predicted a cold winter,I've been saying we should have a much better yr this yr than the last 3 or more have been.... Well they're starting to show.. (Corova,OI,Buxton) Not in big numbers,but one here one there... Sure would like to catch a few on lures this yr... Caught a couple on bait last three yrs,but catching one on a light spinner with 20lb fireline in the current is truely a blast... Even a sissyfish can pull good under the right conditions....;):D

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
I hope you are right Kenny. Bay temps are def down. Looked at my log and last yr this time water temps were in mid 50's and did not drop below 50 till mid Dec. Already down to 49 today.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
That is fantastic news! Idk what the water temps are right now, but I know it's chilly!!!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Kenny, I hear ya.

I'm back in Sandbridge for the Winter, and I'll be throwing lures every chance I get.

I'm gonna stick with my 9' Lami Super Surf with a 4000 Stradic and 20lb Fireline.

I lookin' to break the 40lb mark with that combo. :fishing:

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kenny, I hear ya.

I'm back in Sandbridge for the Winter, and I'll be throwing lures every chance I get.

I'm gonna stick with my 9' Lami Super Surf with a 4000 Stradic and 20lb Fireline.

I lookin' to break the 40lb mark with that combo. :fishing:
Jeff,I've caught two 38lbers... Still ain't broke that 40mark:redface: Someday I hope to though 8' Calstar with a diawa 3000 with 20 fireline... Caught one of the 38's in the rip at Hat inlet,with a simular setup..When that fish hit some current it was game on..... ;) :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts