Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this modification for Storm Lures on another Board and thought I would pass it along to you guys and gals. It looks like it may have allot of promise. Give it a shot it just may make the difference you need to land that big one!

Twenty penny common nail , held by vise grips. Heat up the point of it with a propane torch until it's glowing red.

Locate the place on the lure where the anal vent should be. Create a pocket to hold the rattle, there by inserting the hot nail into the plastic body of the lure going from tail towards the head about one inch, and retract it immediately. This cavity should be as close to parallel to the plastic body's centerline as practical.

Insert a glass rattle with a drop or two of CA superglue on the leading end, into the anal cavity and place it so the trailing end of the rattle is flush with the hole.

Done !

In winter and the cold water situation, the rattle makes a difference. The vibrating tail triggers the rattle, but if you can get the rattle nearly level vis a vis the lure when it is being fished, it's a lot more effective.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
One other thing I am gonna try next year is to add a Flounder teaser in front of the storm shad,ala buck tail skirt effect.Let you know how it does.

That glass bead through the a$$ of the storm is a great idea,a little rattle a little roll.

Thanxs BB,for the tip!

Ya Spoke with Sandman yet regarding SB?He ain't holding out on us,is he?

WHO KNEW?:D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NSEARCH

The Sandman is in a holding pattern just like me waiting for the first signs of mass hysteria to begin. You know I will drop you a line as soon as it begins.

Bass Buster

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Thanks for the tip. They make em like that now but are a little more pricey. Storms are already good lures but they just got better. Tight Lines!

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Cdog,

I tried them a few times so far, but no luck. However, I was skunked everytime I tried them along with everything else in my box.

Dixie

·
Registered
27 Posts
Glass Rattle?

Hey all, back after 2 weeks of down time rebuilding the transfer case on my buggy that went out on the North Point of OI :-(

Anyway, what and where do you get this glass rattle? Sounds like a good mod and would like to give it a try since I plan to hit
Sandbridge this weekend (Sunday) and then am heading down to OI next Friday thru Sunday.

Any help will be appreciated.

Good Fishin & Happy Holidays To All...
Hooter

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ask and Ye Shall Receive

Check out Bass Pro Shop or Cabella's online catalog I know Iv'e seen them in there. There not expensive in fact any lure building company should have them available for sale as well.

Here is a good source for all your lure building supplies that I use with great success. " Now Im giving secrets away" But its all good!

http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q=rattles&sp-a=sp100163b7

·
Registered
350 Posts
Oceans East 2 (North Hampton) also has some. They have two sizes. larger size looked to have 6 in the package for $3:49, smaller pack has 10 for the same price.

Robert

1 - 14 of 14 Posts