Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Matlacha (1:00 - 8:00)

Winds at 15-20, but nice and warm. Water is definately warming up. Today saw a good variety of fish; sk8s, cats, puffers, snappers, and whiting.

Also saw jacks, ladyfish, sailcats, sheephead, macks and sandbrim.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get in on the Jack action...but seeing is believing...I know they're back!!!

Tight lines,

Jighead

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Good to hear that someone saw something today. Went to the Indian River at dawn wading, saw some bait swimming but NADA on the others. The water was warmer then it has been in a long time. Later in the PM went to the beach the water temp in the Atlantic still feel's a little cold to me .
Try again in the AM

T<----->Lines
Kozlow

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today was pretty wild for small minnows swimming around the pier(more like a dock-snicker,snicker)

FCW stopped by and we were able to get some updates. Snook are moving in and jacks are here too!! Gave us some info on where they have been sighting them and lots of reports from boat(just out of our reach). Said to be ready cause they're are here!

Sad note; found out that we are now limited to 1 Snook and 1 Red Drum :(

Tight lines,

Jighead

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the stamp finally...now if I could just catch that snook! :D

I've put this on before but, red jighead with chartreuse twister body (tipped with small piece of shrimp), seems to offer plenty of action...even when nobody else is catching anything!!

Tight lines,

Jighead

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.