Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have any further reports on the pier? A friend and I are planning a trip this saturday,hopefully we can get together with some of the veterans on the pier and surf board.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i was thinking of going out there friday or saturday morning...what are they biting? don't mean to take over your thread ben, i'm dying to hook into some fish also...i was thinking of soaking some chicken breast strips in peeler oil tonight..what do you guys think? i'll be throwing lures also!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Never seen anyone catch one on a lure at metapeake. Bloodworms are the bait they are biting right now.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Guys,

I will be there Saturday...Husky doesn't like to fish with me anymore since he had to buy breakfast the last time we fished together. ;)

But --- Husky is right - this is bloodworm season right now. :) I plan on bringing only a dozen since I can't stay that long. I will be bringing some frozen clams that I have leftover in the freezer too.

Lures during the Summer for the stripers that feed during the early sunrise hours.

See you there! I'll have the surf cart with my rods, chair, etc. Come over and shoot the stuff! I'll be there at first light. ;)

Oh yeah - Circle hooks are the way to go :) for catch and release..along with a net.

·
Registered
164 Posts
About lure fishing there, responding to Peterkin, late last season we went there without any bait because we forgot, but when we used lures for rock fish, nobody else caught fish except us. We must have hit a school of small size rocks(all less than 18 inches), but it was lot of fun. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts