Pier and Surf Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts
I dunno... just interested in your weighing method since nobody really posts weight. I started last year keeping track of length and weight of all stripers I caught and your above post looks about average for that size fish. In my data, I find the stripers are usually heavier in the fall and tend to be lighter during the summer. I use a boga grip as my weighing tool. Thanks. :)

Some of my friends are taking nice stripers at IRI on lures in the early AM. White bucktails with white or yellow worm trailers is the ticket. :)

Discussion starter · #67 ·
Went to Metapeake yesterday and got skunked!
Wind started to pick up speed around 9pm
I tried juicy bloodworm as a bait but no taker. I managed to get huge strike on one of my 12' ugly but fish took everythign but a hook. Called it a night after mother nature decided to offer me a free bath( No thank you , it was already freezing!)

BTW.... Any report on croakers around POINT LOOKOUT area?

Hello everyone, I am not really new to the site but I don't really post much but I Fished Metapeake from about 5-9. Caught a couple of decent size stripers (20-25) closer to the far corner. At the other corner there were a couple of guys catching some nice size ones, probably 28-36 inches between 6-8 fish. Didn't do as good as them but better luck next time. When do the croakers start to bite here?

I fished there early in the morning from 1-4am and got skunked :( .Windy as hell,drizzle,and froze my but off :mad: .I tried to weed out the smaller fish by using clam snouts and frozen bunker on 4/0-8/0 circle hooks with 6oz spider weights.My local Safeway said thell get some fresh Herring in a few days,and I can't wait to try it on some of those big cows and bulls over there. :)

I fished Matapeake last night-7am this morning and only caught a few 14"-16" Stripers.Others didn't catch mutch neither tried clam snouts but bloodworms were the best bait.It started out being windy then settled down towards morning.On a good note the first Croakers of the season were caught.One guy showed me the Croaker he caught and it was about 18".By next week the Croakers should be thick as theives. ;)

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.