Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from friday 7pm-11pm. I was at matapeake fishing pier, caught and released 5 striper 14",15",18",23", and 30"respectively.(wish i was in delaware, or ocean city) it was tough to release the over 20" fish but it's not worth the fine. better than expected fishing since the tackle shop at route 50 before the bay bridge said fishing was slow. is was fun until it got too cold. i'll check out 3R's next week for legal stripers.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
terpfan...Glad you caught some fish and thanks for the report. I never beleive any tackle shop reports, only the reports from our fellow P&S family. Good luck at the 3R's. Keep us posted.

Catman.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i used bloodworms. i bought a dozen from the tackle shop but found another dozen at the pier, someone must have left one at the pier.

·
Registered
164 Posts
terpfan, please let us know how the fishing is at 3R's. I will be heading out there for the first time this year. :)

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I never even ask at Anglers. They suck. All I ever get is "the fish are out there".
They don't have that small time bait and tackle relationship with their customers. They don't seem like they even want to know what's going on. All about the $.

OK, now I have to hope the owner isn't a P&S regular.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
The counterpeople at Anglers have yet to give me any fishing information on the nearby areas. I asked last week if they were catching any white perch in the area and they told me "I guess - We've been selling some bloodworms".

Ask the guys who fish the areas...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts