Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went late, so I had no choice but to go to crappy Anglers....they had no fresh cut bait, so I left. I had some frozen peelers and spot left over from a previous trip.

arrived around 8:30. The water was like a lake...no movement at all. I worked a rat-L-trap up and down the pier. Close to the shore I caught 3 dinks....one may have been legal, but I didnt' bother to measure. I didn't have one hit on my bait all night, not even a crab. I literally did not lose my bait all night. I saw a couple small perch caught by others, but I was the ONLY person that caught anything but a 5 inch perch.

around 11 pm I left and stopped by the Narrows. Nothing much was going on there either. I saw a couple dinks landed by others while I was there, but it seemed pretty slow so I went home.

Another crappy outing.....This is my first season fishing the Bay, and I'm starting to get discouraged....however, I'm too stubborn to give up.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Can't give up, been fishing AI fall through spring for years, and can count my keeper stripers using two hands. It ain't the meat it's the motion.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Goor report - Don't be discouraged..

Fishing in the bay has really stunk this year. They are catching some nice stripers in the Atlantic - try Assateague Island or the Delaware surf (3R's) with fresh bunker (if you can get some at Kool Ice in Cambridge). My next trip (and all others) will be to either AI, the DE surf, or IRI. They seem to have fish year round.

Check out the Hot Spots write up and photo for IRI.

http://www.pierandsurf.com/onthewater/hotspots/de/iri.shtml

1 - 3 of 3 Posts