Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Severn river Friday around 3pm. Caught a lot of nice size perch and 1 croaker. The guys were killing the croakers in the corner using bloodworms. I left around 10:00pm.

I went to Matapeak Sunday around 4pm. Folks had been there all day and no one caught anything. I can't cast as far as the guys, but I managed to catch 1 nice size croaker using squid. That was all the action on the pier. I left around 8pm. It was too cold. I can handle rain, but not rain and cold weather. Maybe I'll have better luck later in the week. With all this rain, this may be effecting the saltwater.

I really wanted to try Norfolk/Virginia Beach this weekend. It doesn't look promising there either.

:) :confused:

·
Registered
399 Posts
That sounds good. If you can get on the right side of the pier and cast about 50yds in front of the pier or cast under either of the bridges you will catch croakers there. I took the boat out last Friday to see if the fish were still there and they are. Also people ask why do some boats come so close to the pier when going up or down river. I found out the channel is right at the end of the pier. The water drops from 18ft to 42ft. Suprise to me also. I've marked the fish on both sides of the channel so if you cast far or drop off the side the fish are there. Main thing i've found about the area is keep the bait fresh.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
littlefry-PM me,the weather should be ideal for fishing here.Iwill take you to some of my spots.Just bring yer gear,I will supply the bait.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gwaud,

I've been working on my casting techniques. I plan to go this afternoon and try again. Pratice makes perfect!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts