Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite that the boobs at Angler$ are telling everyone the pier is closed, it is in fact open. (Kept the crowds down a bit, I think).

(As an aside, the prices they charge there kill me - a Breakaway Ole Red Eye rod tip light for $9.99, $4 more than Cabela's!)

Nice fishing conditions at the pier tonight. Fished from about 5:30 til 9. Caught one smallish blue on peeler, and saw others pull out a decent size blue (~20"), some smaller (~10-15") blues, as well as a couple of keeper stripers, and a few nice size trout.

Maybe things are picking up. Come to think of it, if I actually caught something, they must be picking up!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks for the report. You want a good price on the Ole Red Eye? Go to Wal-Mart. They carry some of the Breakaway accessories like the long distance rigs, weights, and cannon at great prices.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Joey,

All the W-Marts in my area don't carry Breakaway stuff - I have been thinking about picking up a cannon.

Anyone had luck with the cannon? - will it add 1,200 feet to my cast on a spinning setup?

Thanks

·
Registered
374 Posts
Both Wal-Marts in Severn and Glen Burnie carry Breakaway products. If you're in the area, check them out.

As for the cannon, a friend of mine purchased one from Wal-Mart :D on sale for $10. It didn't improve his distance much (just a little). It did help him understand better the timing of his release. It also works good with braided lines if you want to avoid slicing your finger on the cast.

·
Registered
467 Posts
WHat is a cannon?

Can someone give me some info this cannon. I strictly use braided line and its starting to hurt like h#ll cast. I might be interested in purchasing one but i need info. Please help. Thanks guys.........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hey Ralph,

A Cannon is a device that you mount on your rod that works like a little trigger. You clip your line into it and it acts like your finger and holds the line after you open the bail. When you cast you just release the trigger just like you release your finger.

Some people swear by them but I never had much use for them. There like anything else, when they work good there great but when they get a little wear on them they start to break down and cause a bad release. Stick with the finger gaurd it never fails, if you remember to take it out of the last pair of pants or jacket you had on. :rolleyes:....Tightlines

Go to accessories in this link

This new ingenious device created just for Spinning Casters will likely Increase your Casting Distance but better yet it will give your index finger some much needed protection when throwing Heavier Weights. This allows you to Throw Harder and Obtain Greater Distances than you ever have before! Simply hook the line to the Cannon, hold the trigger down, let it fly and release the trigger as you would normally the line with your finger. ~ BACK IN STOCK!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Thanks Hat

As usual you come through. I will make sure i have my finger guard next time im out. Hey we have to hook up before you head south. Let me know something........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Thanks for the report Jedi. I may have to take a trip over there tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts