Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did things go last night? Thinking about going down tonight myself. Hope you had some luck! :cool:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey Hat80,

I got there around 2am last night. When we got there these guys were leavin with a cooler full. Me and my dad only caught six horse croakers and lots of throwback stripers with the largest being 14in. It wasnt too bad other than the light drizzle that will soak you like you wouldnt believe. It just felt good to be out. If you go let me know how you do.

MC

"Remember,the further you cast the longer it takes to bring the big ones in."

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey MC, didn't make it down last night. My son came into town from NC. I'm heading down in about a hour, see what happens on the high tide this afternoon. If things go well I'll stay through the night. I'll post a report when I get back. How bad were the crowds? I hope the rain keeps the fairweather people away, they can BBQ today...Tightlines

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5/25/03
Fished NBP from 11:00am to 10:00pm on the hightide out going tide, slack and incomming. Rained like hell all day but that was great as the fairweather fisherman stayed home. Caught a bunch of dink Rock, from 8" to 14". At about 5:45pm the Croaker turned on. All said and done left the pier with 18 big Hardheads. All caught useing bloodworms. One guy got a Horseshoe Crab that must have been 18" across.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts