Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Massey's Landing> Fished 7AM - 8:15 AM Threw gotchas...storm lures..bucktail and shad imitation combo..no hits to speak of..did have one snapper blue that kept following my gotcha to the pier..really focused on gut that is to the right of the pier no luck..Lakeside were you there? got into the 12oz. curls too much on Friday night...Sat afternoon took 3 yr old and 6 yr old to Pot Nets Seaside on the the IRB..fished rockpile next to 1st gazebo..caught a few spot and croaker on bloodworms..nothing to write home about..did catch a 12" flounder on cut spot (Maw's tail green fireball surf rig***from Bill's Sport Shop). I guess you can say that I caught him by default since I was focusing on croaker. I was going to fish today but my 3year old fell asleep on the way to IRI today so I decided to call it a day. The rails looked pretty empty for such a beautiful day and the ocean looked pretty placid..Oh well, no skunk again and there is always next weekend. Tight lines to all! Murphman:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was there, but I got there a little later than normal. Had some early morning 'Honey-dos' to take care of. Fished on the IRB end of the pier, spot, blowfish, pearch. Went back Sat. night to try and catch the ebb, only thing biting was the bugs.

Didn't see any significant fish caught by anyone while I was there.

This weekend, plan to hit there early Sat. morn, and then maybe go down to IRI for a little while. Have to repair a roof on Sat. afternoon, so early start or no fishing.

You going to try Masseys or IRI this weekend?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Massey's or IRI 08/13/03

Seaside,

I hope to fish either IRI or Roosevelt Inlet on Saturday. I'm still trying to coordinate with my wife for weekend plans. I haven't been able to fish without my six year old son in a while. Altghough it has been a great pleasure showing him the thrill of the Salt this summer. When you say you catch "pearch" at Massey's Landing, what are you referring to? If there is anyway we can hookup I can show you a great spot for mullet...do you know where the "Rock" is on Lingo Creek? Mullet and Spot have been plentiful there for the last three weekends..all you need is a cast net and the right tide..if we get a high tide at night that is the best. I caught one in the cast net that easily went 3# last weekend. I'll yak at you later in the week when I can make some plans. If you like croaker..the big ones are out in front of the old coast guard station in front of IRI...I heard the Judy V headboat has been catching them. Tight Lines too all! Murphman:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.