1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
That was a crazy story but very possible since he took out another boat then launched the kayak after he hooked up with that fish. Too bad there wasn't a video of this fight.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
yeah I don't know sounds pretty fishie to me!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I'm sorry I don't believe it not at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds much like "The Old Man and the Sea" by Hemmingway.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
That guy looks too clean and neat to have landed that fish on a kayak. He looks like he just stepped off a yacht.

I ain't buyin it.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
It's legit. There was an article about catching pelagic species from kayaks in Sport Fishing about a year ago.

Man, talk about a Nantucket sleigh ride...

·
Registered
472 Posts
These stories smell like something cooked up at

Kayak Marketing & Sales.com

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
These pictures are legit... there is whole world of kayak fishing out there...

Its pretty big out west San Diego, malibu area and up north in mass...

I will be getting a kayak next year, try my luck at the Cheasapeak Bay... I'll post some pictures... :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
sand flea said:
It's legit. There was an article about catching pelagic species from kayaks in Sport Fishing about a year ago.

Man, talk about a Nantucket sleigh ride...
Sounds more like a Nantucket snow job.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I love good fiction, with an outdoor theme

Gordon McQuarry, Nash Buckingham and Papa Hemmingway are some of my all time favorite authors.

I never feel that my intelegence is being insulted, when I read their stories.

But this type of info-mercial/product indorsement, that passes for journalism, in todays "outdoor" magazines, offends me.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ok, question, How the h311 did that guy get the shark into the kayak without getting wet? He didn't even lose his expensive sunglasses. :rolleyes: I'm not buyin it either.

Tight Lines

Tim

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Amazing

what ya can catcth off a boat > I got some swamp land for sale 02 cent an acre to:p

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Yep

I find it hard to swallow the shark on the kayak pic as well.

From what I have observed while on piers when sharks came over the rail, seems everyone got out the way. With all the tail whipping going on it seems necessary to stand back. Now that's with one on a flat surface.
In a kayak..................looks like all his gear would have been knocked overboard and he would indeed be covered with blood. Or at least be dripping with water from being capsized during the landing process. And where the heck is the gaff that was used on that shark?

Though that shark might have been freshly caught, something does smell fishy with that pic.

·
Registered
160 Posts
In the pic with the shark in the yak, if ya look closely the fish is tail tied and may ahve been bled and towed back to the dock for the pic (Unless there was another yak or boat close to the spot of catch). My bet is that the shark was dead long before it was placed in the boat for a pic.
The yak fishing craze is growing and looks like fun. I never realized what these guys were catching and where they will go untill I looked into it a little bit. Maybe I'll try it....next year.:p

Mitch

1 - 20 of 24 Posts