Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished in the AM and PM (6a - 10a), then again later (4p - 7p).

In the AM netted baitfish, greenies maybe, and threw those on a couple different bottom set ups with light and heavy weights.

Got a 15" flounder, small spanish, a couple ladyfish, and 2 jacks. Got some on the baitfish and some on jigs.

Fellahs near me got a few small sheepshead and jacks on cut shrimp.

In the afternoon, a couple guys out there had loads of monster-sized sheepshead, really big ones.

I netted bait again, there were a lot spanish around, but I struggled getting any on the bait, they were biting though. This time the bait was greenies again, but with a few baby bluefish mixed in.

The main catch for me and several folks who stayed on the shoreline to fish was bonnethead sharks (maybe hammerheads, but their heads weren't really hammer-shaped).

I got a 4 foot one and a 3 foot one, and I probably saw about 12 more landed and released ... only one of the shoreline ones didn't make it back alive.

It was fun action.

THROW MORE BACK

Jake Ace

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey Jake Ace,

Sounds like your getting some pretty good action .

Tight lines and remember suntan lotion(I keep forgetting so I'm peeling all over)!

Jighead

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Hey Jake
Glad to hear you are having a good time. It's a shame you didn't get into any Mac's yet. Good Luck . Keep us posted .

T<----->Lines
Kozlow

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sounds like you had a great day on the beach my friend! :D Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's funny. I went to a Hooters in Sarasota on Monday March 10th before I headed down to the Venice Jetties.

It was a "business meeting". I cut the trip short and came back on Wednesday noon instead of Wednesday night, so I didn't fish any the last day.

Man it was fun though.

THROW MORE BACK

Jake Ace

1 - 7 of 7 Posts