Pier and Surf Forum banner

Man Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Thrifty Angler 
#1 ·
My wife fixed home made from scratch nanner puddin tonight!!!!

See less See more
#8 ·
I'm always buying bananas for the household. Most times they get to the brown dot stage...and advance to the strong smell stage.
Then they get thrown out. This happens a lot. Seems hard to tell in advance when I've bought them too many weeks in a row, lol.

Questions I have about bananas:
1) can they be frozen successfully to use for a banana pudding at a later date?
2) if so, at what point is the latest they can be frozen (whole or sliced) and still maintain quality...bruise stage,dot stage, rot spot stage, etc....?
Do they have to be peeled prior to freezing? Any special wrapping technique needed?
3) some other uses for frozen bananas?

Thanks

#10 ·
Thrifty
1) Bananas can be frozen. Depending on when you freeze will affect the quality. If you slice up before they start spotting, they should hold up well in freezer.
2) I froze some when they were almost fully black because I had planned on making a banana bread but didn't get to it immediately. Left them in the peel and put them in a ziploc bag in freezer for 3 months. Peeled them, let them thaw, and used them in my banana bread recipe. Very sweet and turned out great. If you want to use for something else, I'd peel them first, especially if still yellow. Will keep better that way
3) See above. Dip the slices or whole banana in chocolate for something different

Hope this helps

#11 ·
Thanks
I am not a fan of bananas. I buy em for my offspring or visitors. Only when vertigo sets in do I consume them....and then I usually do a couple chews on each chunk and down the old hatch they go. Sometimes they all get eaten before spoiling...but many times I have to throw out way too many once the aroma that lets me know there are some still lurking in the house gets a bit too much to endure.
I remember my mom making banana pudding from my younger years. I would eat the wafers and some of the pudding...trying to avoid the banana slices. Just something bout bananas that don't suit me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.