Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife is ready to send me to Florida. For two weeks now , I been doing nothing but working on my tackleboxes. This is not solicitation in any manner. I am not like that, only deal with facts. I went this past Monday to Tochermann's on Eastern Ave. I have not been there for years. I had already hit all the other stores, and Bass Pro greeters now knows me by name. Anyhow about Tochermanns (might be spelled wrongly). They had a great selection of lures. Names I never heard of, baits I never seen before. I spent $143.00 in one visit. I know they are more known for fly fishing, but believe me I was pleasantly surprised at their stock. Its not a big store, but they got the hard to find , unusual stuff. Owner was friendly, and staff was sort of following you around , I guess making sure their lure is not your lure,until you pay. They used the excuse , please allow me to take them to the counter until you are ready to check out. I can see their concern. Hell one lure stolen could mean their profit gone, but I sort of doubted that consider the prices of the lures. Most of the good stuff was in the $14-20 range.
Now , I need to fish!!!!!!!!! Come on spring.:fishing:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Yep. The local Wall Mart here had a bunch of stuff on clearence and I loaded up. Especially on the jig heads and mental lures.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My wife is at that point too. She told me she has already heard enough about fishing and not to bring it up till spring. I can't wait for spring. Need to get out and fish to make the withdraw shakes go away. :fishing:

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Tochermann's is a great place to shop and support your local shops. Tony, the owner is also a very nice guy. I find that there prices are high at times, but they normally have blood worms weeks before anyone else. They had a sales guy be the name of Big John that helped me out when I first started surf fishing. He let me hold his CUSTOM LAMI 1502 back than I thought "WOW this custom rod is the GREATEST THING EVER" LOL They tend to hire guys who do it.. They have a charter Boat guy, Fly angler, Surf Angler, etc...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.