Pier and Surf Forum banner

Made it to 350 feet! 400 here I come.

994 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  OldBay 
#1 ·
I know that's nothing compared to some of the guys on this board but I am making progress.

Before attending the Capital Longcasters free seminar a few weeks ago the best I could expect was about 75 yards (225 feet). By the end of the day LongRanger had me casting the Brighton cast about 300 feet. I have been working on my form and technique and today hit 354. As an incentive to myself, I plan to report every 50 feet of progress. I hope to be back here soon. ;)

I can't wait to hear the progress reports from the guys and gals at the going the distance clinic this weekend.

#3 ·
allstate

rock, feels good doesn't it? before you know it you will be one of "guys on this board" you are in good hands with the CLC. let us know how you are progressing.

#4 ·
Hi Rocknwine,

I am very pleased and impressed that you have progressed so quickly. It took me much longer to get to 350 feet. If you maintain good form the distance continue to increase.

The clinic this weekend was awesome. We had over 35 participants. I can’t begin to tell you how great it was. We made so many new friends I lost count. Neil demonstrated every type of cast including the Brighton (overhead), Brighton (side cast), Off the Ground, Fishing Pendulum, Tournament Pendulum, and Backcast. Students learned the Brighton, Off the Ground, and Aerialized Ground Cast. We adjusted the pace to students needs. People seemed totally relieved to finally learn more efficient ways to cast. We covered reel tuning, long distance rig making, gear selection and more. People learned to adjust their rods and reels for maximum distance and more.

And, next week we get to do it again:).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.