lemon juice
basil
oregano
salt and pepper
2 tbsp. dry vermouth or white wine
aluminum foil

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 450 °F. (230 °C.)
Blanch the sliced pepper and onion. Lay the individual fillets on the dull side of aluminum foil squares. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
Place the tomato, green pepper, and onion on top of the fillets. Season with oregano and basil. Moisten with the wine or vermouth.
Fold the aluminum foil into a packet, making sure that all edges are folded tight enough that no steam can escape, but leaving enough room above the fillet for steam to collect (Make a sealed tent with the fillet inside).
Place in preheated oven for about 10 minutes per inch of fillet thickness. Fillets will flake easily when done.

Variation: Replace vegetables with salsa. Eliminate herbs.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dip-

Bake mackerel fillets with lemon and butter the night before and let cool in the refrigerator

1 cup of flaked mackerel
1/4 cup of Mayonnaise
1/4 cup of carrots
1/4 cup of onions
curry powder
salt
pepper
cayenne pepper

Chop carrots and onions in food processor. Mix with them flaked mackerel, mayo, and seasonings to taste. Serve chilled with tortilla chips and an appropriate beverage

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Gotta try that Dip bigshark88 sound's great.

Thanks

T<---->--<>Lines
Kozlow

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mr. Kozlow- Maybe we need a recopies section on this forum? Just a suggestion.

I am a big dip fan by the way. Here is how I cooked up that Amberjack that I caught a few weeks ago. This should work for Macks and Blues as well.

Make a brine of the following:
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup salt (I used kosher)
Capful of liquid smoke (don't skip this)
1/2 cup teriyaki
1/2 cup Montreal steak seasoning
1/4 cup molasses

1) We left the skin on the filets and soaked them in the brine for 12 hours. Anywhere from 4 (hours on would probably work.
Used an electric smoker and added Hickory

2) Wood Chunks soaked in water for 2 hrs.

Kept the brine from the fish to put in the smoker pan for the liquid and added water to fill pan to top.

3) Smoked for about 1 1/2 hour....figure an hour would have been better....but it was our first try.

The fish spread:
5 Smoked Filets
8 oz cream cheese at room temp
2 stalks celery finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped onion (purple onion)

You could use more or less fish and adjust the cream cheese until you get the consistency of a good tuna sandwich.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Sound's like a another great one.
I will try that one as well.
Thanks
Kozlow

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
S_D,

I prefer Spanish Mac on the grill either aluminum boat or fish basket. Simply add some basil, lemon, and pad of butter. Should you wish garlic or Old Bay for something different. Also hard to go wrong with about any fish and some Italian dressing on the grill ;)

Kill it and grill it,

`bucket

1 - 8 of 8 Posts