Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Launched at 0730 with the tide starting to go out. Cut across the Islands west. Headed towards the shoreline that we have been having luck on puppy drum. The first search close to shore we saw no life. Water was clear so we pulled off to the flat just off the oyster beds. It was game on. Hooked up with a kayak pulling red that let me at least see him broad side before she came off. Told the wife to paddle over towards the flat. She hooks up with a 17" rat puts it back and then she hallers hooking with a big one. This is what I have been waiting for to she her rod bowed over and her kayak being pulled through the water. By the time I paddled over the the puppy drum had pulled off. I got back to seaching and finally landed a 23" puppy that had an old tag that was falling apart. I caught him on a storm shad. The wife caught and released about 5 more under slot puppies when we started paddling back by the tennis court. Looked and could not find any spec's. The puppies are still out there and they are the hardest fighting fish in Lynnhaven. Nice morning . Looking forward to next spring/summer/fall for fishing for puppy drum there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts