Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Monday) Well, the blues have slowed down in the last few days. Some were sporadicly caught, but not many - certainly nothing like the last week was.

There have been tons of skates caught lately,(I caught a sea monster/skate Saturday night about 2:30am) and I have seen people tearing the round heads up at all times of day and night for the last 2 days on blood worms - even saw one lady getting them left and right on nightcrawlers.

I saw a shark that had been caught by a cool guy from Richmond Saturday night. Pretty neat(first one I have ever seen out of the water).

Other fish I have seen caught were a small flounder, some stripers, a few spots, and some of those long gar pike looking fish from around the lights.

Ill let yall know when the blues or other good fighters start grabbin my line again.

Tight lines tell then...

·
Registered
515 Posts
Good Report. You've been outdoing yourself on the info from everywhere, and since I don't get down that way too often, I appreciate all the write-ups.

THROW MORE / SOME / ANY / MAYBE A FEW BACK

Jake Ace

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad you are finding information I drop here helpful. I know the info I gain at P&S has really helped me get "Hooked" on salt water fishing.

I am only able to give you the report from Lynnhaven lately because its the place I go to (5 minute walk from home) but I will always do my best to let you know whats happening there or any other place I get the chance to fish at.

By the way - report from today from a couple of friends that were out on the pier was that the blues were going fierce and ferocious in the evening. *25 caught between 3 people*

I finsished with the Lynnhavenpier.com site so it should be up and running online in the next couple of days - make sure to check it out. (I of course dropped a link to P&S there.)

The site the owners have up now is just some unformatted stuff for thier family but it will change to the official site for the pier in the next few days.

P

·
0 Posts
GraphixDude,

Thanks again for the Lynnhaven Pier Web Site. I know you said there would be a link in there for P & S. Can you send/submit the web address to sand flea so it can be included for easy access in the "hot spots" section under Lynnhaven?

Thanks! :cool:

·
Registered
47 Posts
thanks for the info graphix. I will be down there this weekend doing some bottom snagging myself. Hope to see you there. I will probably be out there sat night and sunday all day.
If you happen by a couple of guys in baseball caps that smell rank you found us :p
See you there

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pier & Surf Stirrer - No problem - it was my pleasure to put up a site for the pier. I just hope the owners do all they can do with it.

Bait Caster - I will be lookin for you out there on Saturday. I plan to fish all night from saturday evening until Sunday morning. I will be looking forward to meeting you guys.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blues were out in force this evening (tuesday) from around 7 until 8pm (a few from 6-7pm). I caught mostly smaller ones but two of the seven I took home were on the larger side. All caught on white gotcha plugs with red tips (I sure am glad Bucket taught me to use that lure!).

The tide was goin in and it was pretty calm seas...not much wind.

After the pier closed I stood on shore and watched a couple of guys including Chest2Head from here cast into the surf from the beach. Chest2Head hooked up with something but it let go. You could actually see the blues hittin the top of the water about 10 yards off shore.

·
Registered
145 Posts
It's like they say " You want to play, you gotta pay" I live closer to Sandbridge so I tend to go thier more and it is less of a hit on the wallet, being $3.00. Plus with the ticket you can fish in the morning and go back in the evening, Do they sell season tickets for piers such as pay a lump fee and fish as much as you want for the season?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I offered to hook Lynnhaven Pier up with a website they gave me a free pass for the summer, so luckily I don't have to pay for access or I wouldn't be able to go as much. I try to go every evening after I finish working for the day and then work a little more when I finish cleaning fish.

(Wednesday) Blues tearin up lures at Lynnhaven again today. I got two early 3:30pm, very close to the end of the pier.
Some round heads but not many, and quite a few little skates from the end.
The blues blitz came about 7pm tonight. Seems like lately they have been coming in later than they were so if you go, be ready from 6-7pm but dont get discouraged if they don't come before 7:45.

Blood worms bait of choice for the round heads, and gotcha plugs for the blues.

I talked to a couple of cool ladies that told me a recipe for blues I tried tonight - AWESOME!

Scale, behead and gut your blue. Rinse well, then stuff the body cavity with stove top stuffing (she said stuff and such but all I had was stovetop). Next, wrap your blue in bacon and use tooth pics to hold the whole thing together. Place in buttered tinfoil with some sliced onion on top, along with a spray of lemon juice and some seasoning. Close it all up in tinfoil and drop in the oven on 350 for a while till the fish is flaky.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :D ;)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thursday -

Well...it was a test of courage I guess - stood at the end of the pier while the big storm blew in. Awesome video and pictures. The wind was unbelievable when the storm came, and the hail kind of stung the skin.

After the storm was over - the wind died and there was a BIG beautiful rainbow so close you could almost touch it. Gods promise -

The blues never came though I fished until the pier closed. I brought two rods and caught plenty of skates plus 6 round heads on blood worms with bottom rig.

Looking forward to tomorrow night... should be a good one and open all night.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Those gar looking fish were probably hound fish.

They go by the name poor man's marlin here in Poquoson. They are the fastest fish on lite tackle in these here parts.

Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts